Was a man named James Chursh onboard

T

Tiimothy Miller

I heard a preacher use a story about him surviving the titanic and the loosatannia. (hope I spelled that right.) I was wandering if that was a true story. I think I spelled his last name right. I may be a little different. PLEASE HELP!

Thanks
T

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
Hallo, Timothy, and welcome. There are complete listings of passengers and crew here on this website and there is no reference to anybody called Chursh or Church on Titanic. I can't speak for the Lusitania.

Dec 6, 2000
One of the crew lists (the one published in Gardiner's book) lists a crewmember G. Church. However, subsequent research says this is probably seaman George Clench.

Dave Gittins

Apr 11, 2001
Michael, your musical knowledge does you credit.

It later occurred to me that the man in the tale might have been Arthur Priest! I'm a born ratbag.

Jun 20, 2007
Perhaps, there is no James Chursh (or Church) onboard. Probably. I checked the passenger list on this website and there is no James Church on the list.

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>Perhaps, there is no James Chursh (or Church) onboard.<<

Camille, if you check the time/date stamps on the posts above, you'll note that this discussion is over three and a half years old. It occurs to me that in the reference to the Lusitania made by the original poster that his preacher may have been repeating the Frank "lucky" Tower legend. (And Frank Tower was another man who never existed!)