Was the original 1000 plus page US Senate Titanic Hearings book hardcover or softcover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 7, 2002
I have noticed that whenever the 1000 plus page original 1912 US Senate Titanic hearings book pops up, the color and material of the covers varies from copy to copy , as does the lettering on the spine. I have seen copies bound in black leather, red leather, blue leather, and simple cacky/tan colored cloth boards (which is what I have).
Some suggest the 1000 plus page book came out softbound, and the hard boards were added later by private owners, government offices or libraries..What was the 'original' cover for this book?
I suspect the copies with the marbled edges , leather bindings and gold lettering were custom jobs..
Was there an 'original' cover of the Senate hearings book? I have a hunch my tan cloth cover might be an original cover- and the leather bound copies that pop up on Ebay were just copies that were rebound by past owners, perhaps at the time of its publications, seeing how one leather bound copy i used to own had a cover that was showing its age..
For those who own the 1912 Us Senate Titanic hearings book- what color and composition are the boards and binding? Cloth? Leather?

regards

Tarn Stephanos

Status
Not open for further replies.