Was this scene in the film, and were there ANY Californian related scenes in the film?

Dec 28, 2016
Hi.

I am in a dispute with someone, about this. I have seen "Titanic" by James Cameron. I found this "Deleted" scene. Someone claims they have an "original" Titanic film with the following "deleted scene."
I have seen this film many times. In fact, when I saw it in the theaters in 1997, the ONE thing that stuck out was that there was NOTHING related to the Californian. It was as if, the Californian was cut out of the story (one of my beefs with the film, even though I think it's tremendous.).

Was the scene I posted IN the film, and were there any Californian related scenes in the film, at all? This guy has me thinking I am nuts.

Terri

Mar 18, 2008
Germany
The scene have been in the "test" version as some other scenes too (the fight between Jack and Lovejoy in the dining room) and was then cut out in the final cut.
I very doubt that the person had an uncut version, especially the test one was running only in cinema with selected viewers.

Reactions: 1 user
Dec 28, 2016
The scene have been in the "test" version as some other scenes too (the fight between Jack and Lovejoy in the dining room) and was then cut out in the final cut.
I very doubt that the person had an uncut version, especially the test one was running only in cinema with selected viewers.

Thank you, very much. That makes sense. I had no idea that there was a "test" version.