Was Titanic's ship's time aligned with longitude time of noon position?

Jim Currie

Apr 16, 2008
Funchal. Madeira
Thanks for the implied accolade, Sam. Wish I could write half as well as Dave.

Aside from that; Boxhall either knew or did not know about his mistake. If he did, do you really think that all the people mentioned above did not know about it? Really?

Jim Currie

Apr 16, 2008
Funchal. Madeira
As I said before...thanks for the praise, Sam. If I could write half as well as Dave, I'd be twice as good as I am now.

Just keep watching my posts. Your confusion will turn to enlightenment after you make practical application of the sworn evidence and understand the mind-set of the 20th Century British Seafarer and his/her attitude to the power of the British Board of Trade. Also keep in mind that when a witness gave evidence, there were very many survivors who could either corroborate or rubbish that witness's story. A classic example is the impenetrable mist seen by one lookout but missed by his Mate in the Crow's Nest.

I'm sure that there is one thing that escapes the modern historian and that is the importance that honour had in the thought process of the ordinary man who had grown up and been educated during the Victorian era.
Additionally.the ordinary men an women who for the most part, were the players in the Titanic tragedy, were God-fearing individuals who believed that the Deity could read their every thought. The idea dinned into every Christian child that "HE" could detect a lie, also played a big part on how they answered one of his majesty's servants. That same attitude persevered long after WW2. Sadly, nowadays, such thoughts would require the intervention of a "Shrink".