Watertight Bulkeheads In Bow Section

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
I don't see any reason why not. The boilers did not go thundering out of the wreck as once proposed and there was nothing else I can think of which would have torn them apart. In fact, a number of these watertight boundries remain intact as do some non-watertight sections. You might see some distortion, but the smart money is that the bulkheads are still where the builders put them.

It would be nice if somebody could get an ROV down there. Thst would settle the question. Cameron's team attempted it but ran into a number of roadblocks along the way.

Reactions: 1 user

coal eater

Mar 1, 2018
there was no attemptt o explore boiler rooms,except boiler room 2 wchich is torn apart with boilers visible

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
I don't see any reason why not. The boilers did not go thundering out of the wreck as once proposed and there was nothing else I can think of which would have torn them apart. In fact, a number of these watertight boundries remain intact as do some non-watertight sections. You might see some distortion, but the smart money is that the bulkheads are still where the builders put them.

It would be nice if somebody could get an ROV down there. Thst would settle the question. Cameron's team attempted it but ran into a number of roadblocks along the way.
Like in the 2005 expedition, where he went down to Scotland Road, and found the door to Boiler Room 6! However, there was debris blocking the way down, but the ladder to the fidley grate was still visible! I wonder why no one took the door on E-Deck, so he could get to it faster, especially since he got down to F-Deck in the same expedition. (Sorry for my long winded babbling)