Welcome to the ET message board

Philip Hind

Editor
Staff member
Sep 1, 1996
England
Welcome to the Encyclopedia Titanica message board, I hope that this will prove more useful than the old guestbook because it allows threads to develop and questions to be answered.

Please let me know how you like it and if there re any other features you would like to see on the Encyclopedia Titanica.

Tad G. Fitch

Dec 31, 2005
Dear Philip,
I think that the message board was a great idea. I feel that it will prove to be a useful place for discussion, and that it is a welcome addition to what is already an excellent website.
Best regards,
Tad Fitch

J

Jenny May

I really love this webpage. I could spend hours just reading through everything. I have a section on my page called the people of Titanic and have used your page to gather info for it. I hope that is okay. I just wanted to say thank you for such a wonderful page and I appreciate all of your hard work.

G

Glenn Miller

Mr Hind,

I returned this week to discover a new look for the ET Message board. I like it and understand as it grows it will need the features and power to prevent the postings from being lost to data smog. However, I did noticed that the ability to reply directly back to each other is not there (or I haven't discovered it). I was hoping to continue my exchange with Mr Behe and fear that he will not look at the older postings for my continued reply.

M

Mark Bray

Mr. Hind:

This is great website, and message board was a wonderful idea. Keep up the great work.

Mark

Celia Bennett

Jun 25, 2005
Would anybody know where you can get a list or site of relief payments paid to the families of the crew, paid out by White Star. I was reading one message where it mentioned this. Thanks for any help

M

michelle dixon

Hi I am new to ET. I am facinated by the Titanic. Im not quite sure how this message board works as i've never used one before. I would love to talk about Titanic to people and share my imagination about the whole thing. If anyone can give me some pointers on this message board or just wants to chat about Titanic, please please e-mail me. Thanks ([email protected] .com)

Jun 18, 2007
Well, Michelle, it's really simple to use a messageboard.

There are different sections of this messageboard to discuss certain aspects regarding Titanic. For example, if you have a question about one of the passengers, then you can post your question in the "Passenger Research" forum. If you want to bring up something regarding the movie, then you go to "Titanic Movies".

Most messageboards can turn into a chat environment, but this board tends to work in two ways. At first, everyone stays on the topic. But then, either the question gets answered, and no more posting occurs in that thread, or the thread continues, but with people discussing things that aren't related to the original topic!

It's a strange group around here, but most of them are rational!
happy.gif

The best advice I can offer is to take some time and just look through every forum on the boards that sparks your curiosity. And, under the "Miscellaneous" section, there is a forum called "Introduce Yourself". Why not post some info about yourself, and in particular, where did you first hear about the Titanic?

I hope some of this rambling was helpful.
happy.gif

Sep 6, 2002
Dear Carolyn,

I am sorry that I am unable to give you any information re William Henry Gillespie. No one in our family was a passenger on the Titanic
and have no connection with your Gillespie family.

Vera R. Gillespie