Welcome to the New Message Board

Pat Cook

Apr 27, 2000
Phil intoned: "I feel like plucking a turkey."

Can we choose which turkey we want plucked?

Seriously, Happy, Happy Birthday!

Best holiday wishes,
Cook

Erik Wood

Apr 10, 2001
Most definitly the best resource for all things Titanica (no pun intended). Happy Birthday Board and thanks to Phil for it's creation.

May 12, 2005
Happy Birthday to ET!

And congratulations to Phil Hind.

Much has happened here in a short space of time. Fine research has been accomplished through this forum, many important topics debated and some great friendships have been forged. A lot is owed to Phil and we can all show our gratitude by making sure that financial support never flags for the work he does to keep this big ship going.

Best to all,
Randy

Dec 6, 2000
The birthday is only for ET's message board. ET itself, under the old name (which I cannot even remember) has been around quite a few years longer than that. 1997 or so, maybe?

Inger Sheil

Dec 3, 2000
Was it "Titanic Passengers and Crew", Bill? Something like that? And was it circa 1996? I seem to remember it being one of the first sites I visited when I got on-line.

Regardless, both messageboard and the main site are both superb resources. The genuine cameraderie (and occasional fireworks) and the calibre of so much of the discussion makes this a dynamic place to be, and whether it's gentle nurturing or rough-and-tumble gladitorial combat, it's always stimulating!

John Clifford

Nov 12, 2000
Now I look forward to many more years, of us sharing our thoughts and knowledge, about "All Things, Titanic".

CONGRATULATIONS, ET!!!!

&

GREAT JOB, PHIL!!!

happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

thumbup.gif
thumbup.gif
thumbup.gif

Dec 6, 2000
Inger - you've got part of the name, I think. There was something ahead of "Titanic Passengers & Crew".

1996? Possibly. Let's see, I first discovered the on-line Titanic community just after the THS convention in April 1995. And Phil's original site was a year or so later, I'd guess. So, '96 or early '97.

Ah - how's this for the original name? "RMS Titanic - Her Passengers & Crew". That sounds about right.

Philip Hind

Staff member
Sep 1, 1996
England
Hmm. Wonder why I changed that name.

Anyway, much like my cat, we're not sure of her exact birthday but I think we'll be due a big party around 1st September 2006.

Dec 8, 2000
Hey, any excuse for a party will do.

Using the old URL (unless there was an earlier URL?), this was the earliest version of ET I could find using the Internet Archive Way Back Machine: 29 March 1997

And in the meantime, many happy returns to the ET message board. Oh, and here's a snapshot of what the board looked like on 6 June 2001, the earliest date I could find for it. There were '29561 messages; 1308 registered users'.

Rather a lovely anniversary to be celebrating, a timely reminder of how much I've got out of ET and the board over the years.

Cheers all.

Philip Hind

Staff member
Sep 1, 1996
England
quote:

this was the earliest version of ET I could find using the Internet Archive Way Back Machine: 29 March 1997
Be warned clicking this link will reformat your hard drive and empty your bank account ... just don't do it!​

Mar 28, 2002
Already done it! Bank account was empty anyway.

I like the deck plans with the clicky-arrow things that give you an image, mainly photographs, of what that part of the ship looked like. Any chance of re-introducing it?

I embarked this message board in March 2002 and have got to meet in person and chat electronically with many lovely and interesting people.

Thanks to everyone who has made this journey thoroughly enjoyable.

Cheers,

Boz

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
If this ET site is so great, where are the references to the funny little geezer with the glowing finger? Not a flying bike to be seen anywhere on these pages. All I can find is people going on an on about some old boat. I intend to write a strongly worded letter of complaint to Mr Spielberg.

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
But of course for those who are into old boats, this is home from home. A round of applause for the real ET, and for all who sail in her and keep her above the waves.