Welcome to the New Message Board

Mark Baber

Dec 29, 2000
Seen on the ET main page a few moments ago:

quote:

There are 132132 posts and 1983 members. Most recent post by Bill Wormstedt : " If I understand this corr..." to the Technical / Construction / Design topic at 5:08 AM
An interestingly repetitive number of posts, no?​

Mark Baber

Dec 29, 2000
Seen on the ET main page a few moments ago:
quote:

There are 134134 posts and 2143 members. Most recent post by Peter Engberg-Klarström : " Hello Arne, the three gam..." to the Which Lifeboat topic at 5:34 PM.
And, no, I'm not waiting for these...pure coincidence.​

Mark Baber

Dec 29, 2000
By checking your email, Mark. the "Send a mesage" function on each member's profile page sends the message to the email account the member provided when registering. There's no separate PM function.

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
HA<font color="aa00aa">P<font color="ff6000">PY BI<font color="aa00aa">R<font color="ff6000">THDA<font color="aa00aa">Y!

But sadly we're still not old enough to celebrate in the pub.

Adam Went

Apr 28, 2003
Happy Birthday to ET!

If we moved ourselves so we were based in some countries, we would be old enough to celebrate....one or two in Europe for instance. Just in time for Oktoberfest too. ;-)

Cheers,
Adam.

Adam Went

Apr 28, 2003
Already got it downpat, Michael...

"Guten tag! Konnen ich habe ein grossen bier, bitte?"

Or something like that.

Cheers,
Adam. ;-)

Philip Hind

Staff member
Sep 1, 1996
England
The real name rule has recently been relaxed and I see that some old friends have re-registered or posted under a variety of interesting pseudonyms.

It's a matter of personal preference of course but I do think it is a lot nicer if you can just be yourself. A lot of the readers will know you from the past and be interested in what you have to say.

Posts made under your real name have a great deal more credibility. Readers are instantly suspicious of highly knowledgeable people they have never heard of!

Posts intended to deceive, such as posting a favourable review of your own book, are easily exposed and, to save any possible embarrassment, probably ought to be avoided.

I think it is generally better to be laid back about these things. But please don't abuse the opportunities this recent change affords but do participate here in an open and honest way.