Welcome to the New Message Board

Mark Baber

Dec 29, 2000
OMG! We missed the message board's 15th anniversary on 11 December; see message #1 in this thread.

Congrats, Phil, and thanks.

B-rad

Jul 1, 2015
Tacoma, WA
I for one cannot express enough how happy I am that this discussion board is here. I can personally say it has changed the way that I have done research. To have such a collective of some of the greatest Titanic researchers in one area is bar none! To have a community to bounce ideas & theories around, no matter what they are, is absolutely a blessing; especially when that community is full of committed people who only seek to honor and build the history and legacy. Though there has been times where things seem to get tense on here, I believe this is only because of the passion people feel, and our struggle for the understanding of the truth. The fact is, many of truths will forever escape us, which is why such a discussion board is not only in existence, but is also necessary.

I've been reading this forum for sometime, picking the brains of the many people on here. It took me a long time to feel like I was at the point where, not only could I join, but contribute. So many of the people on here, rather knowingly or not, have paved paths to further my own studies. The fact that a simple nobody, like me, can join in and be assimilated within such a eclectic group of amazing people, who I've admired and respected for so, so long, is one of the greatest honors I've ever had.

So thank you all for this amazing opportunity to be a part of something as great as this site! And thank you Phil for making all this possible!

Jim Currie

Apr 16, 2008
Funchal. Madeira
Deer-ie, deer-ie, deer-ie me! I'm puzzled Bob. Phil was a fawn what? Perhaps I'm a little be hind? (Oh I know what some folks think of me so don't bother.)

Seriously. This site has given me a great deal of pleasure throughout the years and helped me to keep my ageing brain cells active. Pity about my sanity.:rolleyes:

Well said, young Brad.

Jim C.

Adam Went

Apr 28, 2003
It took the new forums a minute to let me log in but now that i'm here, I think it looks good. Hopefully the revamp will attract some new members too.

Cheers,
Adam.

Philip Hind

Staff member
Sep 1, 1996
England
I don't know... it seems fewer and fewer people want to discuss things in any detail. All we can do is try to make it as easy as possible to take part, hopefully this new system will help as the old one was horrible!

Philip Hind

Staff member
Sep 1, 1996
England
Hope you're getting the hang of this new forum. I certainly find it a lot easier to use. One thing I have noticed that might be a little confusing. Profile posts are conversations that take place on your own profile but are public, while private messages may be sent using the inbox which you will find next you your name.

Arun Vajpey

Apr 21, 2009
The forum looks 'cleaner' and better organised in this new format but I have to confess that I found the ready visibility of the sub-forum titles in the older format rather convenient.