Welcome to the New Message Board

Jul 8, 2018
What's with the new design? and what was the point of changing it? either way, its awful, this was the only site i was signed up to that didn't look like twitter, now it does.

Anyone else think the same as me? Bring back the old design!

Reactions: Logan H

Arun Vajpey

Apr 21, 2009
It looks nice but I was hoping that the current sub-forum "Events during the sinking" would receive an upgrade to a main forum header. I feel that the subject is too interesting and important to be hidden way as a sub-forum.

Philip Hind

Staff member
Sep 1, 1996
England
I have only updated the software so far this is the default template
The first stage is done, hopefully everything still works. There is more to be done over the next few days.
New features you might like to play with

Add a cover image to your profile
More likes and reactions
Trending topics
Add an album to the media library
Add resources to the resources section.

Jul 8, 2018
I have only updated the software so far this is the default template
The first stage is done, hopefully everything still works. There is more to be done over the next few days.
New features you might like to play with

Add a cover image to your profile
More likes and reactions
Trending topics
Add an album to the media library
Add resources to the resources section.
The media library seems to be a nice feature, currently uploading some pictures, but i think there should be libraries for other ships and off-topic material

Mark Baber

Dec 29, 2000
Yes, something seems to be wrong in these two threads;

Messages seem to be out of order and the threads keep showing in a "New Posts" search even though I've seen all of the messages.

Last edited:

Philip Hind

Staff member
Sep 1, 1996
England
Hmm, I wonder what is going on, please let me know if the problem persists.
I am adding more style options you can change the setting in the style chooser at the foot of the page, there is currently the option of the new style and the default style, I will add others for those that prefer a different look.
More changes coming!

Philip Hind

Staff member
Sep 1, 1996
England
Can you be any more specific?
If you click 'Comment' your message will come under the message you are commenting on.
'Replies' will come at the bottom in order as before.

Mark Baber

Dec 29, 2000
Phil, can the "Comment" function be disabled? Especially when the message being commented on is years old it could become confusing.