Welcome

Philip Hind

Editor
Staff member
Sep 1, 1996
England
Welcome to the new forum. Yes... a bit confusing. Quite a lot to learn. But hopefully, in the long run, a much more useful and versatile place to post information, ask questions and generally mull over all things Titanic related.

Please use this topic are to get help with the new forum. Ask quesitions about how it all works... I can't guarantee particulalry erudite answers just yet, it's quite a mystery to me too ;)

We are still moving threads from the old board so things like your post count will be out for some time. We will soon close the old board to posting and you can begin using this board from now on.

If you were in the middle of a discussion on the old board and it has been closed off, I'm sorry. Please start a new thread here if you like. Please use the General Titanic topic if there isn't a specific area that suits the content.

Whilst you are here do check out the Home link on the menu bar, it takes you to a place where you can simply post articles and stories. There is also a calendar that you can use to post Titanic related events.

J

jburdette

The board has nice new look! Hope I find out how to maneuver through it better than I am now.

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
The Board's looking good, Phil. Nice hat, by the way. I donated that to a charity shop in 1963 and never thought I'd see it again.

Philip Hind

Editor
Staff member
Sep 1, 1996
England
I think it is in:

Settings > General Settings > Default Thread Subscription Mode:

Then if you subscribe to a thread you should get notified based on that setting. Haven't tested it yet though!

Jake Peterson

Mar 11, 2012
Iowa, USA
I don't see settings over here on the side:

Find latest posts
Find latest started threads
View Articles
View Blog Entries

A

Andrew Williams

Made it, just about. I've already formed a Group and would like to offer you chance to join Phil.

Jake Peterson

Mar 11, 2012
Iowa, USA
Oh good, I found the board. My old bookmark wasn't working. It kept coming up with a server advertisement. Are you going to merge the old site with the new message board?

Edit: It's just the home page that is an advertisement. Weird.

Sue Barker

May 12, 2009
Newcastle upon Tyne
Hello! The new site looks really good! Glad to have found it. I've been a bit of a silent member, I read a lot but haven't done any posting yet. Hopefully that will change! I'm interested to see the new tv film coming out soon (directed by that fellow who writes Downton Abbey).

Feb 13, 2006
Golly Philip, I'd would have thought you would have retired fom this headache by now. Pleased to see you haven't aged since meeting you in New York City 2000.
Must be that great English countryside, near Cambridge was it not?
However, board looks great too!