Were there Dances held on the Titanic?

A

Aaron_2016

Does anyone know if First Class held a dance on the Titanic? I recall Margaret Brown said she was upset that she did not pack a suitable dress for dancing in her cabin trunk and could not participate in the dance and Frank Prentice said the passengers had all the luxuries of the day including dances. Scanning through newspaper reports and it appears there was a dance held on the Olympic's maiden voyage in 1911. Did something similar occur for the Titanic's maiden voyage?

American newspapers of the day

dance1.PNG

dance3.PNG

dance2.PNG

robert warren

Feb 19, 2016
As far as I know there were no organized dances,parties or anything like that.I do know that there would have been no dances on the 14th as White Star didn't allow dancing on Sunday.From the accounts Ive read this voyage was really no different than any other voyage.Days and nights were spent doing the usual shipboard activities.Of course there were passengers who were thrilled, excited,and very taken by being on the maiden voyage of biggest ship yet built.

robert warren

Feb 19, 2016
There was a hymn sing along in the 2nd class dining room that Sunday night.In steerage there probably was more music and joviality throughout the voyage probably not all different than what's been portrayed in film.3rd class was less bound by convention and structure than their 1st class counterparts.Hope any of this helps.