Weymouth PassengersCrew

Dec 27, 2000
Dorset
I was wondering if anyone had information abut any passengers that came from Weymouth, DOrset, England. I know that a few of the crew did, as Weymouth is not far from Southampton, but I would be grateful if anyone had any information at all.
Laura

B

Ben Thomas Sebastian Holme

Hi Laura,
If you type in "Weymouth" on the search entire site option (main page at the top) you will find all the information the site has to offer on passengers/crew with Weymouth connections. I had a look for you. You are right in saying a number of the crew were from round there. The only passsenger with a connection is Francis Somerton, a 3rd class passenger who died. He went to school there or something.
I'm afraid I personally no nothing outside ET

Ben

Dec 27, 2000
Dorset
Thanks for that, I looked up Francis Somerton to see which school he attended in Weymouth. It said that he worked in Whiteheads Torpedo factory, and when I ask my mum about it, I found that the factory became the local Working Mens Club, a kind of social club just down the road from where I live. The factory was also used as a training facility, (Somerton trained as an engineer), and became disused after the war.
Last year, the club moved premises and the factory was demolished, it is now a housing estate.

Thanks for your help
Laura