What I think happened after the events of the movie

Dan Kappes

Sep 26, 2018
Apple Valley, Minnesota, United States
Brock, Bodine, and Lizzy wake up the next morning and check in Old Rose's cabin on the Keldysh. They find that she died in her sleep in her bed. She is buried at sea at the spot where the Titanic sank.

I think Old Rose died at the end of the movie and the final sequence at the end of the film showed her soul reuniting with Jack in heaven.

Reactions: 1 user

Kyle Naber

Oct 5, 2016
Ruth probably went broke and her entire perspective on social classes changed. She lived the rest of her life working as a seamstress (as she hypothesized) and mourns the death of her daughter forever.

Reactions: 1 user

Dan Kappes

Sep 26, 2018
Apple Valley, Minnesota, United States
Ruth probably went broke and her entire perspective on social classes changed. She lived the rest of her life working as a seamstress (as she hypothesized) and mourns the death of her daughter forever.
I wonder if her life as a seamstress wasn't quite so bad, as a lot of safety regulations in that line of work were changed following the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire of 1911.

May 3, 2005
I read (somewhere ?)
A version of this story that Cal took pity on Ruth and took care of her for the rest of her life.
Also the angle of how Rose became Mrs.Ben Calvert......With a grand-daughter called " Lizzy " who took care of her.

Last edited:
May 3, 2005
Brock, Bodine, and Lizzy wake up the next morning and check in Old Rose's cabin on the Keldysh. They find that she died in her sleep in her bed. She is buried at sea at the spot where the Titanic sank.

I think Old Rose died at the end of the movie and the final sequence at the end of the film showed her soul reuniting with Jack in heaven.
There is another fictional account in which someone looks into Old Rose's cabin and remarks "She is sleeping peacefully with a smile on her face........Or ? "

May 3, 2005
If you are thinking of the 1997 "Titanic" movie I think Old Rose's collection of photographs, as shown in the scene of them in her cabin on the Keldysh pretty well tells the story.
As she said "I take them with me wherever I go ! " Or I believe it was something like that ?