What if the inquiries accepted the break up?

Newman123

Feb 15, 2020
What effects would this have on Titanic in the popular consensus inn the future years to come? How would it affect White Star Line and Harland and Wolff's reputations? How would an acceptance of the break up affect the way Titanic movies are made?

William Oakes

Mar 6, 2020
Probably the reason that both inquiries did not accept the breakup is because breaking up is hard to do...... jk
I'm not sure that it would change much.
Any ship from that time period would have broken up under those conditions.
As for movies, Cameron's film showed the ship breaking in two, (albeit incorrectly) and it was wildly popular upon it's theater run.

Kyle Naber

Oct 5, 2016
We probably would have more paintings of the event during the sinking, more depictions in movies (the more recent ones like ANTR (Raise the Titanic may not have existed)). We might also have had a clearer understanding of it sooner, as we’ve focused on it for only 35 years and are just now getting a pretty good picture of how it happened.

Newman123

Feb 15, 2020
We probably would have more paintings of the event during the sinking, more depictions in movies (the more recent ones like ANTR (Raise the Titanic may not have existed)). We might also have had a clearer understanding of it sooner, as we’ve focused on it for only 35 years and are just now getting a pretty good picture of how it happened.
I'd imagine that the breakup in movies would certainly terrify the audience. Especially if it shows passengers falling into the tear like what happened in the 1997 film..

Kyle Naber

Oct 5, 2016
I'd imagine that the breakup in movies would certainly terrify the audience. Especially if it shows passengers falling into the tear like what happened in the 1997 film..
I'm not completely convinced that would have happened. The break was most likely very close to the waterline, whereas Cameron shows the fracture a bit too high out of the water in my opinion. The falling funnels and the shift in the stern's list probably would have been the worst part.