What if Titanic's Stern Stayed Afloat?

May 28, 2020
So I'm wondering what you guys think would have happened if the stern somehow manage to stay afloat. I for onw think that they would have either towed it to New York for scrapping or tow it back to Liverpool to get the forward part rebuilt. I'm also wondering how it would have altered the amount of deaths after the sinking. Like maybe they would have somehow used for grabbing survivors in the water and bringing them back on and using the bed linen to keep them warm. But I want to know what you guys think would have happened if this happened.

Reactions: 1 users

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
So I'm wondering what you guys think would have happened if the stern somehow manage to stay afloat. I for onw think that they would have either towed it to New York for scrapping or tow it back to Liverpool to get the forward part rebuilt. I'm also wondering how it would have altered the amount of deaths after the sinking. Like maybe they would have somehow used for grabbing survivors in the water and bringing them back on and using the bed linen to keep them warm. But I want to know what you guys think would have happened if this happened.
Well, had the Bow not dragged the Stern down, she might've stayed afloat, with minimal casualties. That is, if the Stern section doesn't roll. The watertight bulkheads might've saved a majority of the 1,496 people.

Reactions: 1 users