What is Robert Ballard's plan & when will it happen

N

Nathan L. Casteel

Hello everyone I was wandering what is Robert Ballard's next plan for the wreck of the R.M.S. Titanic & when will it happen? Does anyone know the answers to these questions? If so please let me know would be appreciated thank you very much.

Peace,

Nathan

T

Timothy Brandsoy

Sounds like an interesting project! It could be shown anywhere and in real time.

Mike Bull

Dec 23, 2000
I'll believe it when I see it-he seems to make as much living out of just talking as he does actually exploring things.

N

Nathan L. Casteel

Well if you ask me Mike: I respect your opinion. But, however, I think that is really disrespectful.

Don Tweed

Mar 30, 2006
You are doubting the mans integrity. James Cameron should be thanked for keeping alive that which we love. You may not agree with his politics or content for his film, but he delivered, and I thank him for that.
I have never been happy casting a stone.
Best regards, Don

May 12, 2005
This subject has been covered before here on ET. But since we're weighing in, my take is that Ballard's ideas are just more maneuvering on his part, trying to reclaim the Titanic spotlight from Cameron.

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>Well if you ask me Mike: I respect your opinion. But, however, I think that is really disrespectful.<<

Which invalidates what Mike said...how???

Nathan, just so you know where I stand, I have no issues or axe to grind with Dr. Ballard. None. I don't know him, have never met him in person or on-line and he has never done me any wrong personally. However, there are plenty of people who do have issues with the man and I can't really say they're entirely unfounded. Do a search on the threads where he's been discussed and let them speak for themselves.

Yes, he's made some remarkable achievements, and I'll grant him that, but that doesn't mean he's above criticism.

J

Joshua McCracken

Ballard has been talking about underwater museums for years, why he's suddenly redirected his attention to the Titanic is beyond me. I think that if he's serious about creating an underwater museum, he should focus on the Britannic, which lies in shallower waters and is in less danger of collapsing on itself in the next decade. But, to venture an opinion, after 15 years of Ballard talking about this, I'm starting to think that he's just blowing hot air.