What metaphor would you give her

Joe Russo

Apr 10, 2006
Just having a little fun here... but if the QM2 is the reigning monarch, and the QE2 is the queen mother (once the monarch, but having passed the crown and no longer plowing the Atlantic on a regular basis) then to what or whom could the Queen Victoria be compared to?

Jerry Nuovo

Jan 22, 2010
New Jersey,USA
I guess like the story of the little engine that could since Queen Victoria's top speed will be way slower than the QM2 and QE2,The Queen Victoria could be refered to as the slowpoke Queen.In January,2008 when both the Queen Victoria and QE2 do a 7 day tandem Southampton to New York,the QE2 has to sail at a slower speed so that the Queen Victoria could keep up with her.The QE2 and QM2 normally cross the North Atlantic in 6 days.So I guess the Queen Victoria will be refered to as the Queen that could cross the North Atlantic but at a slower speed as compared to the other 2 Queens the QM2 and QE2.The QE2 is still the world's fastest passenger ship.

John Clifford

Nov 12, 2000
We can also give the ship a proper name or title of our own, to use when we see the ship.

Possible Contenders:
MISS BEA GOTT EN
MISS BEA HAIVE
MISS SINGH LEENK
MISS TAIKE
MISS STEPP
MISS FITT
MISS HAPP
MISS EUS
MISS TERR REE
MISS CARE RIDGE
MISS APP PROPE REE ATE
MISS PRON NOUNS
MISS CHIFF
MISS ER REE
MISS URR ABUL
MISS REE MEMB URR

The ones that are out include:
MISS CREE AUNT
MISS OG GINEE
MISS ANNE THROPE
MISS EL TOE
MISS ESS SIPPEE
MISS DEE MEANOR
MISS DEE MORE NING
and
MISS SHUN AIRY

These names from the originators of the titles
SIR POSS IT TORIES
and
SIR LOINUV BEAFF

"Yes, I have lost it".
grin.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
grin.gif

John Clifford

Nov 12, 2000
Thanks for the Daily Echo link, Brian.

Is the Mayflower Park docking being done so that people can get the close-up look at the Queen Victoria? Will it berth at the Queen Elizabeth II Terminal after that?
Cunard may be able to answer those questions, later on.

Apr 27, 2003
Hello John - The Queen Victoria is berthing at the new Terminal in the Western Docks and she has to pass Mayflower Park to get there - that means the spectators will have a grandstand view of the ship and all the connected events.
Due to demand there are now 4 Big Passenger Terminals two in the Eastern (Old) Docks and two in the Western (New) Docks.
I suspect that the Queen Victoria will berth at the QE2 Terminal as and when there is room.
Cheers Brian