What Really Sank The Titanic New Forensic Evidence

Tim Foecke

Jul 16, 2003
Hello all,

Well, after 5 years of writing and a decade of research, we (Jen Hooper McCarty and I) finally have a publisher for our book on the metallurgical and collision studies we have performed on Titanic. Being new to this whole book thing, I can only guess as to publishing date, but 9 months feels about right.

Email at csititanic at verizon.net and I'll put you on a list to get a heads up when it comes out. Questions will be fielded also. We are trying to put together a web site at www.csititanic.com, but I haven't found the time to do much beyond placeholder pages as yet.

Thanks to the members of this forum for valuable leads and discussions over the years. We didn't have an axe to grind, and I like the overall feeling of this site of dispassionate discussion (or at least as close as one can get on some topics).

Regards

Tim Foecke

Tim Foecke

Jul 16, 2003
All,

Just inked a deal with Kensington Publishing (with a nice advance - sorry, had to brag), and the book will be out in April 2008. Visit csititanic.com for more (and ever increasing details).

Props to David G. Brown for the referral, Mark Chirnside for being a sounding board. Pretty cool feeling, even if I can't make a dime on it (I'm a Fed).

Regards

Tim

Dec 4, 2000
Tim-- Congratulations!

Michaela wants to do lunch. You should join us if we can ever all get to the same restaurant in the same town at the same time.

Contact me privately, please.

--David G. Brown

Tim Foecke

Jul 16, 2003
Update

The new title is "What Really Sank The Titanic - New Forensic Evidence." They didn't want to test CBS with a "CSI-" type title.

Still due out in March

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
It's not there yet, Tim, but if you see it there before any of us do, I hope you'll give us a heads up. This is one that I want.

[Moderator's notes: 1. This post and the one above it, were posted in a separate thread, but have been moved to the pre-existing one discussing the same book. 2. The title of this thread has been changed to reflect the new title of the book, as posted by the co-author. JDT]

Tim Foecke

Jul 16, 2003
I've seen it in our local Borders (under ships) and Barnes and Noble (on the table out front with new non-fiction).

I'm hoping for a lively discussion here after people have read it.

Tim

[Moderator's Note: This mesage, originally a separate thread in a different subtopic, has been moved to this pre-existing thread discussing this books. MAB]

Ed Weichsler

Feb 4, 2004
Tim, I just picked my copy up at B & N this afternoon after seeing your post this AM. At our local B & N, I found it in the World History section, not at the front cap just inside the door. I had to ask for it because I couldn't find it. Am looking forward to reading it after such a long wait. Many thanks for your emails along the way.

Ben Lemmon

Oct 9, 2009
I got my order ready. Like Michael, I'll be expecting it soon. Looks like a good book. I just wish it was signed.
grin.gif
. It looked good.

quote:

Pretty cool feeling, even if I can't make a dime on it (I'm a Fed).
What's a Fed? I should know but I don't. Sorry.​