What survivor clothing still exists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marko LULIC

Oct 28, 2006
What private discussion? What are you talking about?
Mr.Powell wrote just a couple sentences on this
PUBLIC place and I answered. Nothing more.
In question is just true to ons`e word.
I know my words are sometimes very strong and
sharp but always true.
Thank you.

Trevor Powell

Aug 22, 2005
Excuse me Mr. Lulic, but I never mentioned Nikola Lulic as being a Lusitania survivor. Furthermore, I had good reason to question the authenticity of the spectacles. Bonhams has sold several dubious Titanic "artifacts" in the past and the provenance behind each is worth but a grain of salt. Simple review their previous sales and you will find a multitude of blatantly fake items. Take for instance the white star deck chair that was purportedly removed from the Titanic at Queenstown by a photographer or the OSNC sugar caster which was supposedly taken from the cafe parisien. Review the various lots that included silver and silverplate items manufactured by Arthur Price for use aboard White Star Line vessels. There is no solid evidence that such a firm was ever commissioned by the White Star, nor do these items resemble the genuine patterns used by the line.
While I was researching the spectacles and speaking with Mr. Baddeley, I was in correspondence with a well-respected Swiss Titanic collector/historian who had contacts with some of Lulic's descendents who, when questioned about the spectacles, replied by saying that Nikola never wore glasses nor did the family acknowledge anything that he had saved from the sinking. I believe the relative was one of Lulic's daughters or grand daughters but I can't recall offhand.
If you would like to continue this discussion, please email me privately.

Marko LULIC

Oct 28, 2006
While I was researching the spectacles and speaking with Mr. Baddeley, I was in correspondence with a well-respected Swiss Titanic collector/historian who had contacts with some of Lulic's descendents who, when questioned about the spectacles, replied by saying that Nikola never wore glasses nor did the family acknowledge anything that he had saved from the sinking.
Your opinion in 2006.was probablly fake item.
-------------------------------------------------

Nikola Lulic saved the spectacles he was wearing. They are now owned by his grandson.
Your opinion in 2008.
-------------------------------------------------
I am agreed with you. Today existing many,to many artifacts with poor provenance witch worth is smaller than a grain of salt.
Please tell me what hapend? Why you changed
opinion about glasses during last two years.
Your well respected Swiss Titanic collector had a contact probably with Nikola`s older daughter
besides /ignorant old woman without elementary
school/.By me that wasn`t best way to explore
authenticity.

Finally I have had a special live talk show on
NATIONAL TV RTS /95 Th anniversary of sinking/
where I had a story about Nikola`s origin,life,
traveling and my artistik work related to Titanic.
What do you think,is there any possibility to say
any lie in front of couple milion watchers.
IT COULD BE VERY DANGEROUS.
Thank you again.

If you would like to continue this discussion,I will explain every detail of his life what I know.Please email me privately.

Marko LULIC

/I know my words are sometimes very strong and
sharp but always true./

Status
Not open for further replies.