What was the age of this passengers

Hildo Thiel

Nov 5, 2000
Hi all,

I have a new question. Does anyone know how old the following passengers where at the time of the disaster?

- John D. Baumann
- Arthur Jackson Brewe
- Alexander Cairns
- John Farthing
- Margaret Flemming
- John Richard Fry
- Charles Harrington
- Herman Klaber
- Victor Robbins
- Hugh R. Rood
- Richard William Smith
- Lambert Fletcher Fellows Williams

- M. Noel Malachard
- Serafino E. Mangiavacchi
- Nicholas Nasser
- Rene Pernot
- William Campbell
- Alfred F. Cunningham
- Ennis Hastings Watson

- W. Theodore R. Brailey
- Roger M. Bricoux
- J. Fred P. Clarke
- Percy C. Taylor

- Stanio Gheorgheff
- Ylio Ilief
- Theodoor Kreaff
- Nicola Matinoff
- Patrick Morgan
- Leslie Williams
- Mampre D. Zarkarian

Regards,

Hildo

Dec 13, 1999
I believe that Arthur J. Brewe was 45 years old on the ship. But I can't confirm it either.

Perhaps Fletcher Williams was about the age of his friend, Elmer Taylor. Just a deduction...

Chris Dohany

Dec 12, 1999
Rene Pernot - 40
William Campbell - 21
Alfred Cunningham - 21
Ennis Watson - 18
Theodore Brailey - 24
Roger Bricoux - 20
Fred Clarke - 34
Percy Taylor - 32
Leslie Williams - 19
I believe these to be correct. Some came from White Star records, which have been known to be off a year or more on age.

Aug 20, 2000
Hi Hildo,
Henry Charles Harrington was 37, born in 1875. Hugh Rood was 38, the date of birth I have is April 23rd 1873.
Noel Malachard was 25.
Regards
Craig

Andrew Maheux

Dec 4, 2000
Does anyone know the births and deaths of these first class passengers?

Edwiga Goldenberg
Blanche Greenfield
Elizabeth Bonnell
Mary Marvin
and Pierre Marechal

and if there are any pictures of

Madeleine Newell
Clara Frauenthal
Bertha Chambers
Harriette Crosby
Catherine Crosby

and when will they be appearing in their biographys

thanxs,

Andrew

Hildo Thiel

Nov 5, 2000
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the information about the ages of:
- John Farthing
- Rene Pernot
- William Campbell
- Alfred Cunningham
- Ennis Watson
- Theodore Brailey
- Roger Bricoux
- Fred Clarke
- Percy Taylor
- Leslie Williams
- Noel Malachard
- Henry Charles Harrington
- Hugh Rood

So of 17 passengers we have no age at the moment.
- John D. Baumann
- Arthur Jackson Brewe (45?)
- Alexander Cairns
- Margaret Flemming
- John Richard Fry
- Herman Klaber
- Victor Robbins
- Richard William Smith
- Lambert Fletcher Fellows Williams

- Serafino E. Mangiavacchi
- Nicholas Nasser
- Stanio Gheorgheff
- Ylio Ilief
- Theodoor Kreaff
- Nicola Matinoff
- Patrick Morgan
- Mampre D. Zarkarian

Does any one know how old they were?

Regards,

Hildo

Dec 12, 1999
Hi Andrew,

I'm sorry to say that I don't have a birth or death date for Pierre Marechal. It has been reported that he lived in London during the 1920s and 1930s. It is presumed that he died in England but this has not yet been proven. Marechal is one of the more elusive passengers.

Mary Marvin remarried Horace DeCamp and died in New York in October of 1975.

Elizabeth Bonnell never married and died in England in February of 1936.

I don't have immediate access to my files so the above data comes from memory. I'm sure some of my fellow passenger trackers will jump in with the exact dates.

Blanche Greenfield died in New York on November 5, 1936. She was born on February 21, 1867. Her granddaughter thought it was 1868.

Edwiga Goldenberg died in 1935. However, there is speculation that Edwiga was NOT the wife of Samuel Goldenberg at the time of the sinking and therefore was not a Titanic survivor. This is still being investigated. More to follow....

The same situation applies to Hanna Abelson, who is believed to have died in New York in 1963. There is a possibility that the Anna Bolton who died in 1963 is NOT Hanna Abelson. After the death of Hanna's husband, Samson, in the sinking, she was remarried to Edward Bolton. She was still living in New York during the premiere of the movie A NIGHT TO REMEMBER. The Anna Bolton who died in 1963 (in New York) was the widow of MICHAEL Bolton (not the singer!) and lived in Brooklyn, New York, and not Manhattan (where Mrs. Edward Bolton was living in the 1950s). There are similarities between the Hanna Abelson and Anna Bolton (age wise) but the birthplaces do not match. Also, someone who was familiar with Mrs. Anna Bolton did not believe she was on the Titanic - at least she never mentioned it to him.

On the subject of pictures, I have sent a photo of Madeleine Newell to the ET but it has not yet been posted. Pictures of Catherine Crosby and her daughter exist but these images have not yet been posted to the ET if they were sent. The same applies to Clara Frauenthal. I recently received a wonderful picture of Bertha Griggs Chambers standing under a tree holding a flower about eight years before she survived the Titanic. Unfortunately, poor Bertha was not blessed with the beauty of some of her fellow passengers. It is understandable why so few have ever seen a picture of her - she probably kept them all! Norman Campbell Chambers looked like a schoolmaster - very scholarly, complete with spectacles. He looked older than his 31 years in 1912, and certainly does not look like someone who would have pocketed a revolver before leaving the Titanic.

Hope this will be of some help.

Mike Findlay

Dec 12, 1999
Hi Andrew,

Sorry - small correction. Bertha Chambers was 31 years old in 1912, Norman was 27. I made Norman three years older. I confused his wife's age with his.

Mike Findlay

Dec 12, 1999
Hi Andrew,

Your most welcome.

I will send you the exact dates you wish for the others under a separate posting. Sorry for the delay.

Mike Findlay

B

Ben Thomas Sebastian Holme

Hildo,
45 years old for Dr. Arthur Jackson Brewe makes sense as he formed a close friendship and acted as a "protector" for Molly Brown who was 44. I can't confirm this either. I believe we can guess the approximate ages from their companions.
To this end I would assume John Baumann could be 40-50 as he was acquainted with Harris 45, and possibly Brandeis, 48.
Hope this helps

Ben

B

I'd like to add these names to the list:

Albert Stewart
R. Robert Chisholm
John B. Crafton
Thomas P. Franklin
William H. M. Parr

Thankyou

Ben

B

Hildo:
Thanks for your help. It's interesting, I always pictured Stewart as an elderly man i.e 70+.
Looking at Franklin's age it seems a possibility that he could have been Christopher Head's travelling companion as they were both from the London area...just an idea.

Regards

Ben

B

Hi Hildo,

I have just discovered from the San Francisco site (see the post-"San Francisco connections") that Herman Klaber was in his late thirties, possibly 39

Ben

Hildo Thiel

Nov 5, 2000
Hi Ben,

Thanks for the information about Herman Klaber. So he was in his late thirties.

I have visited the site about the San Francisco connections, it's a very interesting site.

Regards,

Hildo