What/whom would you like to see/meet?

• Thread starter Matthew O'Brien
  • Start date

M

Matthew O'Brien

If you had a chance to spend a day on Titanic, what public rooms do you think you would frequent? What passengers would like to spend your day with?

Matt

Apr 22, 2012
If I could somehow move all about the ship unrestrained, and visit all three classes, I would drop by all the public rooms; especially in first class. I would spend my day with Jack Thayer, R. Norris Williams, Colonel Astor, and Lawerence Beesley.

Adam McGuirk

May 19, 2002
Like Brandon, I would see every inch of the ship. The Captain would be first on my list to meet. I would meet many of the passengers, especially first class, and all of the officers.
Adam

Matthew Lips

Mar 8, 2001
Michael, I'll be right behind you every step of the way with my own camera in hand! Last one on the lighter at Queenstown buys the beer...

M

Michelle O'Brien

i'd go everywhere see everything jus me and my camera i'd go meet The Captain along with a few others!

Beth Barber

Jun 7, 2001
I would love to be able to go everywhere on the ship too - just to see what it was like. I would like to meet Thomas Andrews and maybe Molly Brown! - Beth

D

Daniel Odysseus

Father Browne: I'd give him a few more rooms to photograph...

Also, I'd want to meet the Strauses... they seemed like really nice people... And yes, Thomas Andrews, the deck crew, and the Astors...

I'd visit all of first class; especially the lounge, and the boat deck staircase landing... And the reception, so I can see what color those infernal chairs were! And I'd want to visit steerage, too, and the second-class stairs.

-D.O.

May 8, 2001
OH THAT'S EASY! I'd go hang out at the bar with Whitfield, Cook & Behe.....
proud.gif

Ok, truthfully, I think I would just walk and stare dumbfoundedly. Try to take in every moment, smell, feel, etc.

Dec 7, 2000
I'd certainly visit all the first class places I can. All the public rooms etc., and convince the passengers to let me see their cabins, especially the B and C deck ones!
happy.gif

Daniel.

C

Christian J. Ahrenkiel

Funny, that no one wants to see the engine resp. steam rooms? All the moving parts, the functionability of everything, the logic arrangement and nothing covered up!

Nigel Bryant

Aug 1, 2010
Wellington, New Zealand
I would visit nearly every first-class appartment on the Titanic. I would love to see the first-class Dining Saloon in colour! With some of the new finds like the tiles colours seeing them for real would be amazing. The Smoking Room would be my next stop and then the Lounge, to find out what colours the carpets were. I would walk down the grand first-class corridors on B and C-decks and look through some of the grandest staterooms, like the Ismay Suite. I would also like to visit the Straus's opulent suite. Then down to the E and F-deck foyers too see what they look like. Then maybe to the Officer's quarters and Navigational areas like the Bridge, Wheelhouse, Chart Rooms etc. My legs would get sore by the end of it :)

Best,

Nigel

Don Tweed

Mar 30, 2006
The day I would spend on Titanic would start at 1:30AM April 14th and end at 1:30AM April 15th.
When I first get there I would obtain some crewmens clothes, somehow, and explore below decks.
In the cargo holds I would look through the stored luggage till I found what I needed, then make my way up to 1st or 2nd class and break into an unoccupied room!
I would do whatever it takes to obtain, I like obtain over steal!, to gain entrance to all the 1st class perks!
Foremost, I would want to be on the bridge from 11:30 to midnight on April 14th!!!
I want to know exacxtly what Murdoch did with the helm and engines, and the exact parts Moody and Boxhall played???
-Don

Matt Simons

Mar 12, 2005
I would like to visit the R/W Room and the Lounge, along with both Grand Staircases and the Reception Room. lso the Dinning room A La Carte Restraunt and 2nd class lounge and dinning room.

I would talk to Molly Brown (she's a character!) and Thomas Andrew's who I admire for his architectural skills. I would like to meet ruth Becker and JJ Astor and Ben Guggenheim.

Basically FC rooms and FC passengers.

M

Mathew Allen Vandeneynden

I know this isn't a popular choice, but I'd like to spend the day in steerage. For some reason, the rich do not appeal to me. I'd love to see how the third class actually spent all of their free time. I'd love to listen to the music they made. I'd love to play a couple of hands of poker with the men.

I would not be interested in meeting the Captain. Or Molly Brown. I don't think I'd get along with her very well.
happy.gif

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
Me too, Matthew. Not only would you meet a lot of interesting people, but it's in 3rd Class that a researcher would have most to learn because that's where most of the unanswered questions reside.

Richard Otter

Mar 5, 2005
UK
I can’t imagine wanting to spend any time with the 1st class passengers or their areas of the ship, we would have nothing in common. I would probably try to find my namesake in second class to have a chat with. Then it would be down to the bowels of the ship to have a wander through the turbine room and marvel at the recip engine room. The boiler rooms next and then have a walk in the firemens passage.