What would 16 year old girls wear on the titanic

Aly Jones

Nov 22, 2008
Australia
I did find it,but when i press on the Jazz Age All Roads Leads To Ballyboo,it all comes up with achieves 2008 some like that!and there's no [add you're post message here]to type you;re post in.

I

I_EAT_PUPPYS

<font color="0077aa">I need a outfit idea for what a 16 year old girl would were on the titanic!!!

Mark Baber

Jul 4, 2000
Anthony, Phil suspended that requirement a few weeks ago to accommodate folks who might be attracted to the Board by the upcoming 100th anniversary. Unregistered users, like the one you're responding to, are also being being permitted, at least for now.

Adam Went

Apr 28, 2003
For first class anyway, I would have thought that young girls would have been dressed by their parents to be a show of Edwardian respectability as well....the long, stylish dress and overdecorated hat, with the hair done up.

Cheers,
Adam.

P

Philip Blake

It's also important to remember that this was an era where what you wore was almost as important, if not more so than what you said or did.

Young women would almost certainly be dressed like their older counterparts as soon as they could be, for the simple reason that they would be more likely to be taken seriously and also would be allowed to do more things.

Some of this does have to do with wealth, but as has been pointed out, the third-class passengers were not by and large what we would consider "poor" especially in the Edwardian era.

Adam Went

Apr 28, 2003
Philip is quite correct, those who could afford even third class passage on the Titanic with the 1912 rate must not have been at the lowest ebb of the social ladder, although some had saved for their passage for a considerable amount of time. Then of course the ship had the best third class amenities that you were likely to find on any ship of the day.

"Respectable" is probably the key word in all of this...

Cheers,
Adam.

Dec 29, 2006
Witney
I think I have mentioned this in another thread, but, as far as the British 3rd class passengers were concerned (don't know about the Europeans) many of them were lower middle class, rather than members of "the struggling masses".

I gave a talk about Oxfordshire & the Titanic in Witney, last night, and made this very point in relation to Oxfordshire passenger Amy Stanley, whose family and relatives were inn keepers, shop-keepers, farm managers etc. It transpired that an elderly member of the audience (a local farmer's wife) had known the Stanley family, and she confirmed my suggestion that Amy's family were certainly not "dirt poor" country folk; rather, they were members of the rural lower middle class (and would have dressed accordingly).

Rocky

Mar 31, 2012
In the United States, every high school student will attend a formal dance near the end of their academic year, this is called “Senior Prom”. If you want to become a party queen, put on a light, neatly-fitting sex prom dress is a common way to attract everyone’s attention. Here are some useful tips on how to find a sexy prom dress.. Take you body type into consideration, try to find a well-fit prom dress. Please remember a low cut evening gown does not means you are sexy. It’s important to display you strong points and hide your weaknesses.

2. Write down the style of the grown dress you like. An elaborate gown dress can be strapped, strapless or a single shoulder, mini or knee duration style dress will leave a sexy impression. At the meantime, figure out what you dislike. This process will save you time when choosing a gown dress in store.

3. Pick up one or two grow dresses from popular store. Remember to bring the notes with you, surely, that’s perfect if you find a close friend accompany with you. Before choosing, tell the sales person what’s your favourite style, and what types of dress you really hate it. They will help you to find a proper sexy prom dress. But, some times, their opinion might be a little flatter. It might be helpful if you get advice from your trustworthy friend.

4. Once you find your favourite sexy prom dress. Don’t fret about missing it; there might be the same/cheaper one on the Internet. Mark down the store name, start searching for promotional discount codes of that store, I assure you this will save you large sum of money. You’d better start the this process as early as possible, as online shopping requires more time for delivery.

5. Lastly, people admire those women who’re healthy, well-groomed and confident. Just be more confidence.