What's with the alarm systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cady C.

at the nashville titanica exhibition, there were alot of noisy and aggravating sounds from the alarm system, when people touch the glass they go off, i mean they are just touching the glass, they're not going to steal anything, well this is a warning " Do Not Touch The Glass" because then they will be alot of eyes on you. Thanks, Cady

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Actually, people can, will, and have stolen things. The Chicago exhibition was one example. If memory serves, it was a collection of coins and currency found at the wreck site and it was an inside job. Apparently, the culprit was one of the security gaurds of all things.

The alarms may be a pain, but there are plenty of chaps out there with very sticky fingers. Sometimes, I think the Muslim states have a good idea for dealing with theives. First offence; cut off the right hand. Second offence; cut off the head! Certainly cuts down on repeat offenders.
wink.gif

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

D

David Seaman

Hi Cady...
Just to expand on what Michael said there had been the theft of Howard Irwins diary when somebody simply unscrewed the display case. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that may have been stolen from the Chicago Exhibition as well.
If personal items such as these are wanted by sticky fingers, it is understandable to have as much security as needed
happy.gif

Thanks
David

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
David, I do believe you're right. It was a diary that was stolen. Wasn't there another exhibition where some recovered coins and paper currency were swiped?

Where's the Muslim court official with the axe when you really need him? For those blokes with sticky fingers, he's got a sure cure for it!
proud.gif

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

M

michelle schwindt

Hi Michael, yes you are right. There was another exhibition where coins and paper currency were stolen. I saw it on this site somewhere about a month ago and tried to find it just now, but no can do at the moment. Just wanted to say Hi. I'm still learning my way around this site and busy reading, reading reading! Take care! -Michelle

M

michelle schwindt

Hi Michael, I don't think they knew at the time if it was an inside job or not. It was in the Titanic Headlines/News Today section of this site and I haven't figured out yet if those articles are archived. I assume they are, but since I am not real computer savvy I haven't found it yet. There's an article today from the Seattle Times (my home) about the selling of a passenger ticket for $1000 and then resold for $100,000! Just thought I'd mention it. Take care, Michelle from a very rainy, wet Seattle!

D

David Seaman

Hi Michael
Sorry for posting this message late but I have been kicking my computer for the past two days trying to got onto ET... I finally made it :eek:
I went searching through the ET archives and it is stated that the paper money and coins were stolen from the Nashville, Tenn. Even more reason to upgrade the Nashville alarms and make them as loud as possible.
Sounding off
David

D

David Seaman

Hi Michael
From what I can tell these items have never been recovered (though I may be wrong).
After a quick search I discovered nine coins and ten banknotes were stolen from the hotel that were promoting the exhibition in the foyer.
The hotel had offered a $5000 reward with an additional $1000 from crime-stoppers.
My view.. why give people a second chance? OFF with the head straight away.

Self opinionated
David

Status
Not open for further replies.