What's Your Favorite Room on the Titanic?

Darin Kight

May 29, 2010
Yes, you are quite right about the decor of Olympic-class liners being tasteful and restrained, a refined taste. I do feel the 1st class public rooms were indeed beautiful, but could you see yorself relaxing in there? It would be necktie and coats all the way. The Edwardian age was a very formal time. How many of us ever "dress-up" when viewing a Titanic exhibit? 100 years ago, you would have.

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>but could you see yorself relaxing in there? <<

As a matter of fact, I could. Curl up in the smoking room with the guys and my pipe or a fine cigar and cognac...

I could get used to it!
grin.gif

Darin Kight

May 29, 2010
Yes, that does sound rather nice, but I'm sure if I actually were on the Titanic I would most likely be pushing a broom somewhere. lol I would maybe get to see a little more of the ship that way though.

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>lol I would maybe get to see a little more of the ship that way though.<<

Depends on your position really. If you were one of the officers, Gaurantee Group or the hotel staff, you would be all over the place, or at least you could be. If you were one of the deckhands or the "Black Gang" the notion that you were never to be seen or heard from...ever...was a strong one which was enforced.

Charles

May 30, 1999
USA
Well this is a hard opinion question. I'm just going to go with my top 10.

10. Steerage Dining Room F Deck

9. Steerage Open Space D Deck

8. Steerage General Room C Deck

7. First Class Gymnasium Boat Deck

6. Steerage Cabin G Deck

5. Scotland Road E Deck

4. First Class Smoke Room A Deck

3. Grand Staircase Boat and A Deck

2. Verandah Cafe A Deck

1. First Class Dining Room D Deck + Reception Room D Deck

Charles

May 30, 1999
USA
So my favorite rooms are the first class dining room and reception room because the candelabra at the base of the staircase is just amazing! Another reason is because I would have loved to hear the orchestra playing for evening entertainment, even though the lounge the main place to listen to the concert. For the dining room, I love how you would get to go through the same type of doors you would for boarding, because it is almost like you are entering a wonderful large cafe (which it basically was) and it would be nice to eat some potted shrimp! I also like the history, the lamps being installed, etc.

J

Jack Dawson

Hi, well I guess it depends on what you are looking at on the ship. I mean a lot of us would just like to explore the ship and talk to the crew, right? I'm sure there are a lot of people who have only a casual interest in seeing hot and sooty boiler rooms, loud and oil stenched engine rooms, and given the choice would find it far more hospitable to stay in the vicinity of the First Class areas, which are really nice. The grand staircase (all of them) were really nice, of course when speaking of the grand staircase I guess a lot of us just automatically think of A-Deck, forward. I'd like to see the First Class areas, but I really have this feeling that you'd get a real good stare if you so much as squeaked your shoes on the linoleum floor by accident. Not that First class was exceptionally uptight or anything, but I think they tended to follow form a little too much which gets in the way of fun. I personally like the deck spaces more than the inside (the inside was very nice) at least in good weather. Nothing like the Titanic in nice warm sunlight.

nahaa

Aug 10, 2017
The first class Smoke Room for this old country boy. Good comfort, good companionship, good smokes.

Reactions: 1 users
Apr 26, 2017
The verandah palm court, it looked so relaxing watching the waves through the clear glass...all while enjoy a light snack or a coffee. With your favorite book. Feeling the rhythmic engines thump softly beneath you like a heartbeat. The sun streaming in, the light sound if clinking China and sift conversation occasionally sprinkled with a light chuckle or two....oh how wonderful it must have been... thats why that room will remain my most special room on the ship.

Reactions: 1 users

Emilie

Aug 10, 2013
Saint-Étienne, France
Mine are :
First Class Smoking Room for the marble fireplace and intimate lighting and athmosphere.
Aft Grand Staircase, B-Deck level: classy white panelling.
Second Class Smoke Room
D-Deck Reception Entrance.
A-Deck promenade.