Where Did Lovejoy Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brian R Peterson

Lovejoy was walking the Boat Deck when the ship broke apart, he is shown gripping a section of the broken deck, rather bloddied after having fallen into the abyss that opened under his feet.

Best Regards,

Brian

Reactions: 1 user
LOL!
grin.gif

I didn't know there was a fight scene between Lovejoy and Jack that was omitted. Man, that would've been a good scene to put in. That movie probably could've used a good scene like that. As for the bloody face, is it possible to assume that his face got bloody from running around the ship, bumping into things, etc. While the ship was sinking, everyone was being pushed, shoved, and it was very easy to get injured.

Going back to the discussion of where Astor REALLY was when the ship sank, I believe Butler's book "Unsinkable" places Astor already in the water when one of the funnels collapsed as his body was "covered in soot" when it was recovered...in other words, it should have been Astor, not Jack's buddy, screaming when the funnel falls down on him. Any truth to that?

A

Alex McLean

Scott,
This has been discussed a few times before on the board. It really has come down to legend, Astor's body was recovered in a pretty good state of preservation. As I understand it, his body was not crushed or deformed in any way by the falling of the funnel, nor was it covered in soot. You might want to check up some other sections of the board for some more information, this is just what I can remember.
As for the people crushed by the funnel, Fabrizio wasn't the only one there.
My best,
happy.gif

Alex

Alex,

Interesting...I hadn't really researched the subject...I just recalled reading that when I read Daniel Allen Butler's book...so I will indeed need to research the subject further.

I am from the U.S. but I lived in Verviers for a few months...I really enjoyed my time in Belgium. I wish I could keep up with my french, but sadly, I've almost forgotten it.

A

Alex McLean

Scott,
No worries, it is a pretty commonly found myth. It had me for a few months, too.

Verviers is a lovely city, I go there sometimes with the other exchange students because we found a pub where the beer is exceptionally cheap.
I've been studying French for 6 months here now, and am loving the language. I feel like I've come a long way since Australia, though, where the only French I knew what what I'd learnt from watching Madeline.
Salut!
happy.gif

Alex

"The scene was cut out when test audiences reported that they didn't like it"

I would have paid good money to see Lovejoy beat the crap out of that little snot. ;)

As for the ultimate whereabouts of Lovejoy, turns out he didn't actually die. He wound up in a "Quantum Leap" type scenario, where he jumped into the bodies of Jack the Ripper, Captain James Sawyer of the "Retribution" (where he was noted for going insane and doing a particularly dreadful version of "Ladies of Spain"), and, strangely enough, Lawrence Beesley in an alternate dimension. He also allegedly popped up in some computer-generated world where they have something called "lightcars", although there is no proof to back up that particular claim. :p

He also popped up somewhere in the future and met Capt. Kirk. Well, you could also say his 'Jack the Ripper' bit also involved going into the future, too.

I do not recall that the scene was cut due to test audiences (I don't even recall there *where* test audiences), just that it was one of several scenes cut by Cameron to make the movie shorter

>>I would have paid good money to see Lovejoy beat the crap out of that little snot. ;)
<<

If I'm not mistaken, it worked the other way around with Lovejoy getting his butt royally kicked by the "Little Snot." The Bad Guy Gets In The End sort of thing.

For anyone interested, George Behe wrote This Article on the question Of John Jacob Astor's condition when his body was recovered.

Status
Not open for further replies.