Where did the crew members have their meals

M

Minna Tiihonen

Hey!

Does anyone know where (and when, was there any regular time) the Titanic's officers, captain, wireless operators and quartermasters went to have their dinner or other meals during the voyage? Did they have a room for that or...? I was just wondering.

Minna

R

Rolf Vonk

Hey Minna!

I think captain Smith always had his dinner in the first class diningsaloon. The officers had their own diningroom on the boatdeck. I believe it was on the starboard side just aft the raised roof of the first class lounge and beside the third funnel.

The wireless operators and the postal clerks took their meals (if I'm correct) together in a little room on the starboard side of C deck. Just in front of the "maids and valets saloon" for the first class servants. You can find that back on your deckplans. I believe the Eaton and Haas deckplans show it rather clear.

I don't know where the quartermaster took their dinner, but the engineers had it in their own messroom on the portside of E deck along the Enginecasing. I think there was a little foodelevator from the galley on D deck above to the messroom.

The sailors, firemen, greasers and trimmers took their meals on C deck. Just in the bow where the stairs from their compartments ended.

That's all I can tell you. Hope it helps!

Regards,
Rolf

M

Minna Tiihonen

Thank you Rolf, you actually told me all I needed to know
happy.gif

Minna