Where to start a collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chris Nicholson

Hello Everyone. After a few years of joust owning books and a few models and hearing about a-lot of other people on this board having cool collections iv decided to start collecting other things then books so i can have an impressive collection too.However, where should I start? What should I start collecting and where should I find good stuff? keep in mind I am a 14 year old kid that only gets $20 a week in allowance and various odd jobs.

May 8, 2001
Chris. You may be sniped on Ebay, which can be frustrating, not to mention a great let down when you want something. May I suggest this site.

luxurylinerrow.com

You can pick items that you really would like to have, and no sniping! Prices are ~extremely reasonable~, well described, and ....well.... Brian is just an all around great guy!
smile.gif

Jan 7, 2002
Ebay is the best, every Titanic item you can think of has popped up on Ebay auctions..
Best way to avoid being sniped- Bid high, and bid as close to auction closing time as possible...

90% of my rare Titanic books came from Ebay transactions...

regards

Tarn

Kyrila Scully

Apr 15, 2001
South Florida
Don't discount the Titanic merchandise shops through THS and other sites. If you do a Google search you can find them. Emerch used to be a great place to shop for the stuff they sell at exhibitions, but their site is too difficult to navigate now.

Kyrila

Jeremy Lee

Jun 12, 2003
I should suggest to Ebay to do a countdown timer on the Place Bid page so you can see how much time in the auction left, I have missed bidding because I waited too long at the Place Bid page and when I placed the bid, the auction had already ended......

Status
Not open for further replies.