Where was the water at 2 AM

I am really confused because a lot of authors tend to disagree on the matter. For example, in "Titanic at 2 am" Quinn states that at that time the water had only flooded the forecastle and the forward well deck.
On the book "Exploring the Titanic" we can see a Ken Marshall picture despicting the same scene but at 1.40 AM.
Finally on Walter Lord´s "A night to remember" we have a witness account of two men who board a collapsible lifeboat from the forward A deck at 2 am just as water is pouring in!

With regards to where was the water inside the ship, is it correct to say that at that time it was flooding boiler rooms nº 4, the third and first class dinning saloons, the Grand Staircase C deck foyer, the forward de luxe suites on the same deck and some B deck´s state rooms which were left with their windows opened?

It is perfect! It shows a enormous amount of research and dedication, congratulations for your effort!
I never thought that the forecastle sunk so late in the sinking, I always tended to believe it disappeared completely beneath the surface at 1.30 - 1,40, at 1,50, the water would be spilling over the B- deck´s railings and at 2.00 am it would have reached A deck.
Now it seems that the rate of flooding was much higher during the final stages of the sinking...

Mar 22, 2003
Chicago, IL, USA
www.titanicology.com
The link that was referenced goes to part 2 of my presentation "Sideswipe or Grounding?" which was revised on 22 Aug 2007. Animations appear on the slide titled: "Contact Scenario" (3rd slide of part 2), and the one titled: "Angle of Trim Animation" (14th slide of part 2). What you might want to try is to right click on the link: http://titanicology.com/Titanica/Sideswipe_or_Grounding2.ppt and then save target as a ppt on your hard drive. Then open it and go to slide show and click though each slide. Outside of that, I not sure what else you can do to get the animations to work.