White Hurricane by David G Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2000
Just discovered what did happen to Sadie Black -- she told her husband "no" to going back to the ships in 1914. Instead, the couple started some sort of business in Cleveland, Ohio. Unfortunately what sort of business is not clear.

--David G. Brown

Oct 28, 2000
Also, I have been contacted by a New York documentary film producer who would like to bring the White Hurricane story to a small screen near you. Believe it or not, he started working on this project just as my book was released. We both hit on the same title for the story. If anyone is interested, you can check out the website for this documentary at:

www.whitehurricane.com

I have offered my full support to this project and we intend to get together sometime after the American Labor Day holiday. The goal is to get it into public television syndication.

-- Dave

Oct 28, 2000
Other than as a cheerleader, I currently have little to do with the possible TV production. However, I would like to see it become reality. The producers need support right now as they are looking for additional support. If anyone wants to see this project on TV, you might want to send an e-mail to their web site. They need proof that more people are interested in the story than just one book author.

--David G. Brown

Erik Wood

Aug 24, 2000
I just saw another book on the 1913 storm in the Great Lakes. The name escapes me but it was in the Transportation section of the book store. How are the sales going on the book??

Oct 28, 2000
The last person on earth to be told how well or how poorly book sales are going is the author. Believe me, publishers go to great lengths to hide this from the people who write the books. However, from a couple of "leaks" I have found out that sales are exceeding the company's expectations--and the real "buying season" for a November storm book is yet to come.

--David G. Brown

Erik Wood

Aug 24, 2000
Hmmm, well hopefully you will be getting some royalties and you can buy me dinner at your next event. I owe you a couple of brewskies and maybe a meal. I haven't decided on that yet. If my wife cooks on Saturday then I will be paying for everybodies hospital bills.

Erik Wood

Aug 24, 2000
I am in the process of reading your book for the second time. The first time was more of a glimpse and scan through. I am actually now taking the time to read it slowly. Still enjoying it.

Are they any pictures other then the one in your book of the Waldo's pilothouse being all smashed??

Oct 28, 2000
For all who are interested--on Tuesday, September 9 the History Channel (U.S.) at 8 p.m. (Eastern) will present an installment of its "Deep Sea Detectives" program. It will focus on the mysteries surrounding the sinking of the S.S. Regina in Lake Huron during the "White Hurricane" storm of 1913. I was fortunate enough to be interviewed for this program and will be one of the featured "experts." Some of the reinactments of events were staged on the S.S. Willis B. Boyer in Toledo.

Please do not throw darts at my image on the TV screen. It will permanently nick the glass.

-- David G. Brown

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Thanks for the heads up David. I'll be watching with interest. Don't worry about the darts, I never use them. Bricks from time to time, but only for C-SPAN or commercial breaks. (I can't tell which is worse)
wink.gif

Oct 28, 2000
News for those interested in "White Hurricane" or shipwrecks on the Great Lakes--Discovery Channel will be offering a new program. I was involved in the research and filming of this documentary last fall and just now received a message from the producer--

"Just a heads up that the documentary on shipwrecks of the Great Lakes is scheduled to air for the first time on June 5 at 1 pm on the Discovery Channel.

It will be repeated a number of times but we're not sure when. The Discovery Channel website, www.discovery.com, has a TV schedule. The
official title of the program is: Shipwrecked: Rage of the Great Lakes."

So far I haven't seen the finished product, but I'm looking forward to seeing the first airing.

-- David G. Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.