Who kidnapped Filly Aks?

Inger Sheil

Dec 3, 2000
This thread was inspired by discussion in another Titanic forum, where the question of the identity of Filly's would-be 'kidnapper' on the Carpathia has arisen.

Without wishing to tread on anyone's toes, particularly those of the passenger researchers, or asking anyone to divulge too much of their work, what is the current thinking on this matter? Where did the identification as the woman who falsely claimed Filly originally stem from?

I realise that some folks on the board were close to the Aks family, and perhaps they have some input into this question. I'd appreciate hearing various viewpoints (Ben and Phil G., I know you've expressed opinions on this in the past...)

Inger Sheil

Dec 3, 2000
Had a great response from Dave Bryceson that pretty much put the nail in the coffin of the Nye identification as the woman in question.

Great news is that Dave's book is on track for publication soon - have been looking forward to this title for some time, and it promises to be one of the best bios connected with the subject.