Who made the White Star Line dishes

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jennifer Glunt

Can anyone please tell me who made the White Star Line dishes? The only info I've been able to find is that White Star Line commissioned a crystal company out of England, but I haven't been able to find the name.

Dan Cherry

Dec 14, 1999
Jennifer,
I do know that Stonier's provided some dishware to the Titanic. If I remember correctly, Eaton and Haas' book "Titanic - Triumph and Tragedy" named some of the providers of dishes and crystal. If you don't have this book, one of us here on the board could probably look it up...

kind regards,
Dan

Kyrila Scully

Apr 15, 2001
South Florida
Jennifer, there are a few places that sell the First Class china and crystal. One site that comes to mind is emerch.com. They are an exact replica of the pieces brought up from the debris field and are supposed to be made by the same company enlisted by Harland & Wolff to provide china and crystal for WSL. Write to me direct and I'll see if I can get the website addresses for you. I found them through a search engine by asking for "Titanic Merchandise".

Dan Cherry

Dec 14, 1999
Jennifer,
I looked through my books and besides Stonier's, the Royal Crown Derby Porcelain Co. was responsible for providing some of the first class dishware. There were probably other suppliers but currently I cannot find anything on them.

Dan

J

Jennifer Glunt

Thank you Dan and Kyrila for the info you have on the dishes. It is much appreciated.

Jennifer

Status
Not open for further replies.