Who played Radio Officer Philips

James Thomas

Jan 8, 2007
Hi guys! I'm brand new on this website, although this has been a favourite site of mine for ages! I have been interested in Titanic since I was 10, and my favorite movie based on it is S.O.S. Titanic, despite the fact that it has many historical inaccuracies. I was just wondering if anyone out there knows who plays Chief Radio Officer Philips in this version? He is uncredited in the film, and even the great IMDB knows nothing of the issue. It has been a question that has depressed me for years now, as I am sure I recognize the actor's face. What confusses me is that Radio Officer Bride is credited, but the chief is not! Please help me!!!!!!!!!!11

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
Hallo, James, and welcome to the forum. I've seen a cast list which credits the role to Nicholas Hammond. There is an American actor of that name who has appeared in many US TV series - notably in the title role as Spiderman in the late '70s. Could that be he? Check the photo in his biography on imdb (which doesn't list SOS Titanic in his filmography).

James Thomas

Jan 8, 2007
Hi there, Bob. Thanks very much for the information about Nicholas Hammond. I have always wandered about him, because about a year ago, on IMDB, in his filmography, he was down as playing Philips. However, the information was taken off about a month later, presumably because it was inaccurate. Also, I have checked Hammonds photo, and although he bears a resemblance to the actor playing Philips, I am not totally convinced it is him. But I shall not give up until I find out who the actor is! Thanks again, Bob!!!!
P.S. Can anyone else help us?

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
James, I see that Hammond has also been credited (but not on imdb) with the role of Phillips in the cast list of No Greater Love, which used clips from SOS T. But I agree that it looks like an error. There's a message board on the imdb site - it might be worth posting your question there.