Who should play who

Matthew Farr

Apr 14, 2010
Lansing, Michigan, United States
It has been suggested in other threads that there should be a remake of A Night to Remember and there have been suggestions as to who should be cast for certain roles like Sean Connery for Captain Smith.

If this did happen which actors/actresses would you like to play which character?

I like the idea of Sean Connery playing Captain Smith. I will have to think for a while about others.

May 27, 2007
Natalie Portman gets my vote for The Countess Of Roths. Billie Piper (Rose Tyler) from Dr. Who as Mary Sloan. Carrie Fisher as Molly Brown. Ewan McGregor as Officer Moody. Ioan Gruffudd will reprise his role as Fifth Officer Lowe unless Christian Bale who be better suited. Robin Williams as Isidor Strauss. Sounds freaky I know but think about it. Sean Connery should be Capt. Smith. Gerard Butler as Officer Murdoch.

May 27, 2007
I like that idea Will. I could see Sean Bean as Lightoller. Where's Inger at she could really help with this. She knows the Deck Officers really good.

Sam Brannigan

Feb 24, 2007
Smith - James Cameron (really!)

Wilde - Vince Vaughn

Murdoch - Russell Crowe

Lightoller - Joaquin Phoenix

Pitman - Leonardo di Caprio (Really!)

Boxhall - Orlando Bloom

Lowe - Parks Stevenson (lol)

Moody - Breckin Meyer

Purser McElroy - Vinnie Jones

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Ismay - Darth Vader. (At least, that's who William Hearst would call for if he was around today.)

I wonder who could be bagged for the part who would be a bit more realistic. Tim Curry perhaps? He's actually an extremely versitile actor.

May 27, 2007
Sam we need British actors to play British Seamen.

Deck Officers from ANTR should be Cast as the Following

Capt. Smith-Sean Connery

Officer Wilde-David Tennant?

Officer Murdoch-Gerard Butler

Officer Lightoller-Sean Bean

Officer Pitman - ?

Officer Boxhall -Adrian Paul*

Officer Lowe - Ioan Gruffudd+

Officer Moody-Christian Bale

J. Bruce Ismay-Tim Curry

*from Highlander The Series
+He did all right the first time around.

Sam Brannigan

Feb 24, 2007
"Tim Curry perhaps? He's actually an extremely versitile actor."

I agree - as long as he's not dressed up as Frank'n'furter!

May 27, 2007
Passengers and from ANTR should be cast as

Isidor Strauss-Robbin Williams

Stewardess Mary Sloan-Billie Piper*

Countess Of Roths-Natalie Portman(sigh)

Molly Brown-Carrie Fisher

*Ms. Sloan was not a passenger but took care of them so she listed with them.

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>Keep in mind, too, that he has already starred in The Titanic miniseries (1996) as a shady steward. <<

To say nothing of a rapist. Mr. Curry has quite the talant for getting those Bad Guy parts and doing them well, even if the scripting stinks to high heavan. (Which it did for this flick.)

Beth Barber

Jun 7, 2001
I didn't know that Tim Curry was Pennywise in that movie!! He was PERFECT to play that character!!!!