Who would you put in a titanic film

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 16, 2002
Who would you put in a titanic movie that you made. I may post a list here lter but i want to hear what you would do.

Jan 31, 2001
Do you mean which passengers and crew? If so, I would put all those essential to the telling of the story, in addition to individuals who had interesting personal stories (such as Mr. Navratil). Whoever I decided to include in my film, they would all be actual passengers and crew; I don't go for ficticious characters in an historic-based film.

Cheers,
happy.gif

-B.W.

J

Jemma Hyder

Captain Smith: Russell Crowe
Murdoch: Ioan Gruffudd
Wilde: George Clooney
Lightoller: Ryan Phillipe
Pitman: David Boreanez (Complete with soul and fangs)
Boxhall: Ben Affleck (swigging vodka laced tea in toilet)
Moody: David Beckham (not required to talk just there to look pretty and topless, Loading lifeboats is sweaty work!)
Jack Phillips: Josh Hartnett
Harold Bride: Danny De Vito
Thomas Andrews: Joseph Fiennes
Bruce Ismay: Will Smith
Geri Halliwell & Courtney Cox: Mops in 1st Class pantry.
Isador Strauss: Hayden Christiensen (complete with two light sabres)
5th Officer Lowe: Orlando Bloom (complete with elf ears and bow and arrow to stop pesky Italians and orcs)

But thats just me.

J

Jemma Hyder

Adam,

Deadly serious as it happens. I think there is a multitude of talent in my cast list and I spent a great deal of time putting it together and considering who was appropriate for each role.

I'm quite willing to consider you for a walk on role if thats whats bothering you. I was considering Bruce Willis for the role of Captain Rostron but he has other commitments so you are welcome to it
proud.gif

Adam McGuirk

May 19, 2002
Jemma know that I read over it its probally pretty smart. The public loves star filled movies,BUT I don't think Tianic buffs want an Amazon aussie playing Captain Smith. Will Smith as Ismay whats he gonna say.."lets get jiggy with Titanic" and will the stewardesses go na na na na na na na......Hey im just kidding around outside those 2 the rest of the cast looks great Courtney Cox was a good Idea.

Inger Sheil

Feb 9, 1999
Oi! Who says we don't need a big, buff Aussie playing Captain Smith? I'm for an all singing, all dancing Australian cast.

Guy Pierce [As James Moody]: Strewth! Hold on, mate - Iceberg, right in our bleedin' path!

Paul Hogan [As William Murdoch] No worries! Just take 'er around the bloody thing.

NB: Have obviously spent too much time out of the Great South Land...

Reactions: 1 user
J

Jemma Hyder

Adam,

Am afraid will not compromise on role of smith. Russell crowe is a master of Accents and i have already screen tested him twice! Ing would a New Zealander be offended at being called an Ozzie?
Perhaps I forgot to mention thought that Smiths dress uniform will now comrpmise a big hat with corks dangling off of it and a snakeskin thong!
happy.gif

Brandon,

Am quite smug abut my casting of Hartnett as Phillips. Not least because he will yet again be wearing a uniform
happy.gif

Having to re write some scenes though to exempt 3rd Officer Pitman from appearing in Sunlight.

Dave Moran

Apr 23, 2002
James Moody ( for it is he ) - Strewth, mate, we hit it !!!

William Murdoch ( Was he Rupert's granpapa ? ) - Cripes mate ! Better sling a couple of kangaroos in the hold to plug the hole, stick some more kookaburro's on the fire, break out the inflatable Kylie Minogue and climb aboard

James Moody - Righto, mate, fair dinkum...

( begins to rush off )

William Murdoch - Oh, and mate ?

James Moody - Yes mate ?

William Murdoch - Bring us up some ice for me beer...

Exeunt Omnes

Reactions: 1 user

Don Tweed

May 5, 2002
Pretty good guys!
But no matter who you put in the movie,Titanic would still be heading for the land down under!
happy.gif
-Don

J

Jemma Hyder

Adam,

Will Smith is a very talented actor as he has proved on many different levels whilst taking on very different mediums. Who says a Black man cant play Ismay? Im sure he would bring an air of depth and maturity to the role, and if the whole musical pans out with the australians, he will indeed contribute to a cracking soundtrack. Im sure Mr Smith would be more apt to the role of Ismay than some. At least he's male thats a start.
happy.gif

Beth Barber

Jun 7, 2001
Anyone think Brad Pitt or Harrison Ford would do good in any of the roles? If nothing else - they would be nice to look at!
happy.gif

I think Will Smith is a very good actor!
happy.gif

- Beth

Adam McGuirk

May 19, 2002
Jemma its not that hes not a bad actor or anything its just I cannot see him playing ismay. And if you think I said that because hes black, thats not true, I think Denzel Washington would be a far better Isamy than Will Smith because hes a far better actor. Will Smith would be like lets get jiggy with Titanic. Why don't you get Johnathan Hyde back.
Adam

J

Jemma Hyder

Beth

How could I have been so dense, hmm what role for Brad?, slap on wrists for me for forgetting him! something with lots of attitude? say Hitchens? Harrison ford as Guggenheim? Agreed both are very pleasing to the eye!

Adam

How about Denzel Washington as astor?

Inger Sheil

Feb 9, 1999
Whilst New Zealanders should be honoured to be poached by Oz, they often seem to misguidedly resent it! Not Crowe, though...he sensibly regards himself as a sort of hybrid. Rather like Phar Lap, who we also pinched.

I have decided Hugo Weaving would make a magnificent Lightoller (he can sing a duet with Murdoch - 'Throw another berg on the barbie'). Cate Blanchett is going to be Rene Harris and Nichole Kidman shall play Sarah Compton.

Aside from her cameo as a blow up doll, Kyles will be doing the theme song:

Youse are all here - no bloody fear!
You little ripper, beau-TAY!
We'll stay for yonks this way
Youse are safe in my stubbies and
My stubbies will go on and on!

Status
Not open for further replies.