Why are they making a Titanic II?

Hyala

Dec 1, 2017
First off, Its China, and its called the RomandiSea resort. The replica Titanic, is a 1:1 scale replica of the ship. It will not have engines or boilers, but will instead include a museum in those areas. Secondly the iceberg simulation was scrapped. Due to the sensitive nature of that tragic night. In short, people down playing this 1:1 replica, and pretending like their not excited in the least at the possibility of exploring the ship in person, are either lying, or getting offended for reasons beyond my comprehension. Are you telling me, you wouldn't walk the decks of a perfect replica titanic? I would.. and while i was doing it, i'd keep in mind that tragic night.

Dec 23, 2017
New pictures for december
Titanic 2 december.jpg

bow december.jpg

While some of the decisions they have made during the project are questionable, there is no denying the excitement i have of seeing these amazing new views and seeing a Edwardian era line afloat again. Never heard though they where scraping the engineering space, i thought in on of there recent pictures i saw part of the reciprocating engine assembly? might be wrong

Dec 23, 2017
I guess one does not get the scale of the Reciprocating engine room, though of course it could also be the turbine room also and will simply put a false bulkhead in the room
China starb high.jpg
recipicating loking foward.jpg
recipicating.jpg

Dec 23, 2017
There also apparently will not be making the sheer (to be expected) but they said recently that they will be making the hull in such away that it will have the illusion of the sheer

Dec 23, 2017
I think there too far along now to quit, iv also read reports that the Chinese government will be helping them out to increase tourism because lets face it it could be a crappy remake but millions will travel all over the world to see the ship, i dont think it will be crappy, not a perfect 1 to 1 but decent nonetheless

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2017
From The Titanic channel Forums from Steve Hall who is part of the designers on the project
"
The rebuild is fully funded.
If the Titanic Channel would like to create a specific thread then I’ll be happy to share some exclusive photos and video’s.
Titanic 2 is constructed up to F Deck at her highest point, with other areas following close behind in succession. The engine room is awaiting the reproduction of the steam engines from off site. The cylinder heads and the supporting legs will be cast in concrete and lifted into the hull to assist in ballasting. Scaffolding is in place around the stern. This is required for the workers to access the difficult angles required to create the ships iconic counter and rudder. The prefabricated sections will then be lifted and lowered in place by cranes."
stern-port.jpg

Ster-Port aft.jpg

Sisko

Aug 1, 2018
Looks like it will have full sized replica engines. I also heard construction should resume soon

img_9488_wide-ace533dcc02f7918f4dc18a4cd549b186a4146ea.jpg

Sisko

Aug 1, 2018
Who is their PR manager? Can you send a link? Does he give a date when construction would start again? All I heard was soon possibly in August