Wick Family

Mike Poirier

Dec 31, 2004
Did Mary Hitchcock Wick ever leave behind an account that talks about the Titanic or her cabin #?
Thanks
Mike

Apr 16, 2001
Hi Mike,

To the best of my knowledge, Mary Wick's accounts of the sinking, of which there were very, very few, do not contain any reference to her cabin number.

Much of what we even know about the Wick's experiences aboard the Titanic comes from Caroline Bonnell. We know that Mr. and Mrs. Wick occupied a room on C-deck, and were very close to the cabin of Caroline Bonnell and Miss Mary Wick. Some researchers have ventured a guess as to the possible location but the evidence is too scare, in my opinion, to say for sure.

I hope you're doing well.

Mike

Mike Poirier

Dec 31, 2004
Hi Mike:
Thanks for the note. So I'm guessing the mention of Mary Natalie Wick watching the third class play with ice came from Caroline..
Hope all is well on your end.
Mike

Apr 26, 2005
That was a good question, Mike. I have always wondered what was Mr. and Mrs. Wick cabin number, too. We will probably never know, although it is very possible they were not far from the Misses Wick and Bonnell, as Michael told you.Side note to you, Michael (Findlay): Did you get my message? Nothing really important in it, so feel free to response to it when you have time. Just checking...

My best regards to you, guys.

Charles

R

Robina Mont

Hi i'm looking for any info about Miss Natalie Wick. Can anyone know what became with her after Titanic?

Thank you
Ruby

Delia Mahoney

Oct 10, 2003
Hello Ruby,

Natalie Wick married Lt. Col. Thomas St. Aubyn Nevinson in 1916. They had two daughters. She died in 1944 in England.

All the best,

Delia
happy.gif

Mar 20, 2007
Although many of the American first-class passengers came from the eastern States, there were others aboard who hailed from slightly further afield. Among them were Colonel George Dennick Wick, his second wife Mary (or 'Mollie'), and his daughter by his first marriage, Natalie. They had been on holiday in England and were returning home with two of their relations, Lily and Caroline Bonnell.

George Wick was a very prominent industrialist in Youngstown, Ohio, and he rates his own illustrated entry on Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_D._Wick

It seems that, like his more famous ship-mate John Jacob Astor, Wick had earned his military title serving as ADC to Governor Asa Bushnell during the Spanish-American War. In 1906, he built an elegant, Georgian-style mansion for his family. This now sits on the campus of the Youngstown State University and serves as the headquarters of the Disability Services office for that institution.

http://www.ysu.edu/maps/tour/wickhouse/wick.shtml

Following her premature widowhood, Mollie Wick remained very active in local charities until her eventual death in 1920. According to local folklore, her ghost continues to haunt her old home until this day.

[Moderator's note: Three separate threads discussing the Wick family have been combined and renamed. MAB]