Wilhelm Gustloff

May 3, 2002
Wellington, New Zealand
Iain,

I must recommend Cruellest Night be read. It is an excellent introduction to the three ships and the general circumstances of Operation Hannibal.

Heinz Shoen's book is also recommended even if you can't read German. (this really begs to be republished in English!)

A TV doco by Bob Ballard is scheduled to air in the fall of 05 (northern hemisphere I presume)

"currently reading The Poseidon Adventure (yes I know - sad man".
Why sad? I thought that was a good novel and I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of film Wolfgang Petersen will give us next year.

I would like to see them do a film on the Last voyage of the Wilhelm Gustloff. Maybe in the wake of The Downfall it may be possible.

Martin

U

Unregistered

my mom & aunt are survivors

FYI My mom and aunt (still living) were survivors
Jennifer East (Windsor, Ontario, Canada)

Jaime Han

Oct 6, 2018
my mom & aunt are survivors

FYI My mom and aunt (still living) were survivors
Jennifer East (Windsor, Ontario, Canada)
Hi, I'm Jaime and I am a student in the U.S. I am doing a research project about the Wilhelm Gustloff because it interests me very much. Do you have any primary sources or first-hand accounts from your mother or aunt? Thanks!

Mark Baber

Dec 29, 2000
Hello, Jaime---

Please note that the message you're responding to is more than five years old and its author is no longer a member of this Board. You may well not receive a response.