William and Blanche Greenfield

Mar 15, 2001
William and his mother Blanche were traveling first class on the Titanic. William was playing cards in the salon, when the crash occurred. The men each took an ace from the deck to hold till they met again- which they never did. Being a long time boat owner, William immediately went to their cabin insisting Blanche get dressed "Go on deck and get into a lifeboat, when its safe you can always return to the Titanic". They needed someone to row so William volunteered. Blanches husband in New York City had no idea that they were alive or not. He met the Carpathia with an ambulance just in case. He was so happy to find them alive that he told Blanche to go to Tiffany's and buy whatever she wanted. Below is William and Blanche's photo's. http://community-2.webtv.net/ScottDar/TheGreenfields/

Rachelle Rowe

Mar 21, 2008
Any news on Virginian descendants? I researched the site and found information on the Daniel family, but not many others--or at least not many with detailed stories. This was a surprise.

Mar 15, 2001
I should have asked this question before I posted this photograph. Is it ok to post photographs that I have acquired on ET? I have some more I would like to share with everyone.

Dec 7, 2000
Darren,

Sharing photos is most welcome, however as long as they are not copyrighted and wherever or whoever you got them from has no problem with you sharing them.

Regards,

Daniel.

Ben Holme

Feb 11, 2001
Excellent finds there, Darren! Both mother and son had been eluding me for quite some time, photo-wise. Real prizes!

Ben