William George Dashwood

Jan 25, 2009
William was my Grandfathers brother and was lost on the titanic working as a steward - now resting in Nova Scotia. We have very little information on him or his friends and workmates. If you have any information we would love to hear from you

May 27, 2007
Hello Peter,
happy.gif

Welcome to ET. My condolences on what happened to your Great Uncle. Have you looked for his Bio Page here on ET? Perhaps if there isn't a lot of info I'm sure the Moderators and the Administrator Philip Hind would appreciate you adding some. Hopefully though you will be able to get some info on your Great Uncle.

Sorry I wasn't more help to you. I feel for you because I remember trying to find out info on two Great Aunts who died in the Influenza in 1918 and only finding info on one. Good luck. I hope you find some info on him.

Here's the link to his Biography Page. https://www.encyclopedia-titanica.org/titanic-biography/william-george-dashwood.html

Mar 30, 1997
His parents were Henry Dashwood (born in Reigate, Surrey) and Charlotte Arlett (born in Colchester, Essex). Henry's parents were John and Naomi Dashwood. Her parents were Moses Artlett and Susan Brown. There were at least 5 children in the family - Thomas Henry, William George, Maurice Alfred, Robert Frederick and Elsie Margaret. The first was born in Hartford, Kent. The rest were born in East Dulwich, Camberwell, London.

Leslie Bean

Feb 6, 2018
William was my Grandfathers brother and was lost on the titanic working as a steward - now resting in Nova Scotia. We have very little information on him or his friends and workmates. If you have any information we would love to hear from you
My name is Leslie Bean (nee Fox). William was my grandmother's (Elsie Margaret Dashwood Fox) brother.