William Major, Henry and William Vear, fireman all related

shacklady

Apr 19, 2014
New zealand
Hi I have been researching the family tree and william Major, Henry and William Vear (all engine room crew Firemen) are related to me. Henry and william Vear (both died) were cousins of William Major (survivor lifeboat 13)
can any one else relate more than 3 members of the crew to there family tree?

Mark Baber

Dec 29, 2000
"Too late," Vanessa. It's never too late! Is there anything you can tell us about him?

A

Andrew Williams

Nothing on Major I'm afraid -- thus what I have on the Vear family is a tiny portion from the Relief Fund.

Something keeps ring a bell here as I suspect possibly the Vear son was orphaned and put in the care of one of the relations. I know he's waiting patinetly in my "orphan file" right on the bottom of the pile but will soon reach the top one day. As usual I am trying my hardest to get hold of the correct figure of those who were orphaned. The figure stands at the moment at 217 children were orphaned shortly after Titanic slipped beaneth waves heading toward her final resting place. I personally think the figure may have gone well over the 300 mark. At the moment though, everything settles on cloud nine!

VanessaMcHugh

Oct 29, 2015
William has a fairly well-filled profile on this site already.

I can't add much, only that he reportedly would never, ever speak about or discuss the sinking, and turned away journalists and researchers.

Best

Vanessa