Women in sinking scenes of camerons film and miniseries

May 27, 2007
Interesting points Bob. I went overboard on John Hart I guess but my gut instinct says lout in connection with him. You don't leave your passengers. My Great-Great Grandfather worked for the Santa Fe Railroad as a passenger car steward. So he had a lot to say about Mr. Hart at the time and afterwards and non of it was complementary in regards to the care Mr. Hart gave his passengers. Maybe I have absorbed his prejudice but one thing stands out in my mind and that's him saying that you never leave your passengers. My Great Grandmother always remembered him saying that about the Titanic and told my dad that.

I always wondered what the deal was with the British Third Class passengers and why they were so lethargic that night. Us yanks would of been moving and running plus fighting to get in the life boats. We ain't known as 'Pushy Americans' for nothing.

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
Maybe they weren't pushing hard enough that night, George. There were around 40 American citizens travelling 3rd Class on the Titanic. Of those who were adult males born in the US, not one survived.

May 27, 2007
Ladies First. I'm sure they were pushing for their Wives and Families to be saved. I didn't know there were Native born Americans on board in Third Class. Thanks for the Info Bob. I'm really just an enthusiast and not a historian except the most amateur of ones and I'll be the first to admit it. I wonder even how much though they had to push to get up to the boat deck. I'm pretty sure at least that as long as they didn't try to get in the boats they would of been allowed pretty much anywhere.