Worst scene from a Titanic film ever

• Thread starter Hugo Rupert Talbot-Carey
  • Start date
Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>So, my point stands that they could have used a fictional Steward instead of tarnish the name of a real one.<<

There are a lot of things they could have done but the stories which were circulating AT THE TIME, rightly or wrongly, were that an OFFICER had killed himself.

Whether or not any of those stories and accounts were accurate is debatable but that IS the historical context.

May 3, 2005
Well.....at least as long as this discussion is about the "worst scene" I am tempted to throw in my bit to muddy up the waters.
Any opinions on which was worse .(if one was worse than the other if one of them was bad) ?
Any opinions on which was more believable (or not) or worse (or not) : "Annette and Gifford" (1953) or "Rose and Jack" (1997) ?

Of course than scene showing Titanic hitting the ice berg on the Port side (1953) usually gets mention for at least "a bad scene" if not a "worst scene".

Reactions: Michael H. Standart
Sep 9, 2017
>>So, my point stands that they could have used a fictional Steward instead of tarnish the name of a real one.<<

There are a lot of things they could have done
Yes, which is all I was ever saying.

but the stories which were circulating AT THE TIME, rightly or wrongly, were that an OFFICER had killed himself.

Whether or not any of those stories and accounts were accurate is debatable but that IS the historical context.
My original point never mentioned, conradicted or took issue with any of that.

All I ever said was that, in my opinion, they should have used a fictional character instead of potentially tarnish the name of a good man.
A point that you have in no way changed my mind about.

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>A point that you have in no way changed my mind about.<<

It wasn't relevant.

Again, it was the HISTORY which was being presented and in a film which was trying for some measure of historical accuracy, they had to go with what was being claimed in the ACTUAL history. in the context of the ACTUAL history, the claims were that an OFFICER killed himself.

It's there and it doesn't go away.

Sep 9, 2017
And for the umpteenth time, all I ever said was that in my opinion the movie should have used an unnamed officer to present this story instead of potentially falsely tarnishing the name of a good man. Something that, once again, you haven't changed my mind about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 23, 2017
hmmmm will have to think about this one

While some may find a rapping Dog one of the worst scenes ever, Titanic Blood & Steel i think reaches a whole new level of insulting (Like one scene they are going over 'Plans" and they are actually plans of the Lusitania).

While these don't count as "Scenes" most recent Docs i think have been equally terrible in my opinion