Would the wreck have remained undiscovered if the Axis Powers won World War II?

Dan Kappes

Sep 26, 2018
Apple Valley, Minnesota, United States
I think it would. Here is a timeline I came up with inspired by The Man in the High Castle.

1945: The Axis Powers win World War II.

1955: Because of the Axis Victory and their conquering the world, Walter Lord's book A Night to Remember is never published, and interest in the Titanic is not reignited.

1985: Because there is zero interest in the Titanic, there are no expeditions mounted to search for the wreck and the wreck remains undiscovered.

Other historical events I think wouldn't have happened in this timeline include the Bismarck sinking, the moon landings, and the 9/11 attacks.

CM1971

Aug 26, 2018
New York
Honestly in my opinion, there is way too many factors at work to accurately say for sure. But there was a Nazi propaganda Titanic film, but I don't think it would have created any interest in the ship. Not to mention she was Irish built and American owned liner. It's likely that IF the wreck was discovered it would probably be by accident, and there wouldn't be much interest. Let's just say it would be pretty bleak future. The Olympic class would be a distant memory. Britannic also would have been found by accident. But like I said, way too many factors at work to accurately say for sure.

Reactions: 1 user