Would you buy the lusitania wreck if you had the opportunity

ash briers

May 1, 2008
i heard that one of the owners of the previous owners bought the wreck of the lusitania for just £1000!! if you had that sort of money to just spend would you have bought the wreck?

if i had £1000 just sitting there i would have probably bought the wreck my reasons would be
a)a photographic servey( to make a mosaic picture of the wreck)

b)to get a better understanding of how she sank

c)to look after it a bit more and try and keep it in the same condition it is now

d) i just love the lusitania and it would be a tragic thing if she rusted away and oneday imploded with out getting some proper pictures of what remains

let me know what you think...

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>if you had that sort of money to just spend would you have bought the wreck? <<

No I wouldn't have.

The photo survey you proposed would have been sweet, but you would have needed the permission of the owner and the UK government to do this and that much has been notably difficult to come by.

ash briers

May 1, 2008
i was actually going to mention the permission, but it slipped my mind. someone though seriously oneday needs to take pictures of the wreck in great detail. the only pictures i can find are of some of the old things like baths, portholes, capstans and there should be more pictures taken around the stern especially.

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>someone though seriously one day needs to take pictures of the wreck in great detail.<<

That much has already been done and quite extensively. Dr. Ballard's expedition did that much. However, if there's any sort of mosaic of the wreck site and debris field, it hasn't been published in any popular literature.