Wouldnbt mind sinking a few of them

Mar 28, 2002
Ha ha. Every customer who partakes in the drinking of real ales from the Titanic brewery here in the Midlands think they are the first to say it. I've often heard it said at my next door neighbour's, The Fountain Inn, particularly during beer festival time, along with "Goes down well!".

Not sure if it's been mentioned here on the board but for anyone out there who doesn't know, The Titanic Brewery is based in Burslem, Stoke-on-Trent, the home of Captain Smith, and was founded in 1985. It brews such classics as:

Lifeboat Ale
White Star
Captain Smith's
Wreckage
Iceberg
and several other specials

They also produce their own beer mats (or coasters) for each beer and all add to the memorabilia collection.

So even when I'm out getting ratted, I imagine myself in the 3rd class bar having a great time drinking real Titanic beer!

Dave Gittins

Apr 11, 2001
Iain would appreciate an expression I heard a while ago. A certain yacht was wrecked on rocks. I was told that if the lead bulb had not come off the keel, she would have gone down like a free pint!

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
I'm saving one of my Bass And Ale's to celebrate the Titanic's memory on Sunday. (Yep, this aspiring curmudgeon does have a sentimental side.) What other brands were carried on board?

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart