Wreck site pictures

Apr 8, 2008
Now that we have passed the aniversary I hope we get more pictures of the wreck site what Nat Geo published and what I saw on the Best tv documentaries just leave me wanting more. I've had an argument going with a coworker who has seen articles in Sciintific American? mag telling how easy it would be to recover the wreck (I've seen this kind of thing from them before). I find it hard to explain and get through to him that the wreck probably would not reach anywhere close to the surface. I think he has a hard time realizing how big some of them are. One of them looks like the roof & skylight over Boiler room#1. If that is the case and it has all of the decks and the boiler uptake casing that would make it a 9 or 10 story? building without walls.This is near the two pices of hull bottom in the Nat Geo Photos.

May 23, 2012
Ohio
I remember watching and reading about how difficult of a time RMST had in the recovery of the Big Piece over a decade ago(that piece alone weighs over 20 tons). I can't even begin to imagine how much the piece(the reciprocating engine casing/etc) you're referring to would weigh or if it would survive being moved assuming it even COULD be moved.

I wouldn't consider the hypothetical recovery of such a piece easy by any stretch of the imagination.