WWN lives online

Mark Baber

Dec 29, 2000
but who will accept that story.

No one, one hopes, Marko. As you'll see from the other threads in this topic, WWN is not intended to be taken seriously.

;-)

Marko LULIC

Oct 28, 2006
Thanks Michael
I would like to say for my self I am quite
serious. Real shock related to Titanic should
be /for this community and serious researchers
and others institutions/ a fact, that after
almost hundred years after tragedy I discovered
a person who survived the tragedy but her name
is not in official records.MYSTAKE OR NOT
we will see.Her grave is 90 kilometers far
from Belgrade a little village
called BOTOS
and I have a plan to visit her grave and make
talk with her relatives very soon.
Basic article was
http://209.85.229.132/,snip

[Moderator's note: Edited link due to width requirements. JDT]
<quote>
Another of those policies was signed by Djuro Desich for his wife, Milka. This one we know for sure. Milka Desich was one of the survivors from the Titanic when it sunk in 1912! (She is still not listed on any official Titanic lists and this infuriates me as it seems book authors do not wish to have any more survivors known.) <

Regards,

Dec 8, 2000
Every time I see the latest discovery in Titanica as brought to us by the WWN, I think of a dear man from Missouri who delighted in such trashy pop culture ephemera and smile. Bless 'em.

Jan 29, 2001
And too, my now deceased Grandmother Mary (She was 88!) enjoyed nothing more than WWN and her glass of Vodka...straight up!!

Michael Cundiff
NV, USA

Marko LULIC

Oct 28, 2006
My excuse,my knowledge of English language is not
enough to understand spirit of that language so
Michael at least tell me
>All I can do is laugh at this one!<
Which one post do you meant.

Jan 29, 2001
Marko: In regards to my post, just a reply of remembrance of my Grandmother, as in Fiona's remembrance of a dear man from Missouri.

Marko...I believe it was Jason who remarked >All I can do is laugh at this one!<

I am sure Jason means regarding the sillyness of the WWN in general...not your post.

Michael Cundiff
NV, USA

Titus Moody

Aug 4, 2018
Titanic Violin Sold For £900,000

Back in the good old days of newsprint there was a junior-grade version of The National Enquirer named The Weekly World News. Its front page carried headlines such as "Polynesian Bat Boy Found Alive in Cave," or "Ancient Egyptian Pyramid Really A Nuclear Reactor!" accompanied by appropriately crude paste-up illustrations.

Following Ballard's 1985 discovery, Titanic stories appeared fairly regularly. My favorites were:

Titanic Survivor found Alive in Lifeboat...and he thinks it's still 1912!

and:

Skeletons of Titanic's Musicians Discovered Still Clutching Their Instruments!

The latter had a picture of three skeletal images that looked like they were lifted from Gray's Anatomy holding a violin, (naturally), a bass fiddle, and a trumpet. The trumpet's mouthpiece was glued to the teeth of one of the skeletons. I cut out the story and put it on the 'fridge and it brightened many a dreary day until it got lost in a move in the 1990s. (I believe there was a follow-up to the effect that the late Michael Jackson obtained the trio and put them in his basement, but I can't swear to it. I wonder where those old bones are today. Perhaps silently collecting dust in an attic where they will await rediscovery a century hence?)

I would pay real money at auction to have an authenticated, vintage copy of that superb piece of investigative reporting. It was a prized possession.

XYZ.

Last edited: