Young Jewish Girl on Titanic?

Apr 17, 2012
Canada
I recently discovered a photograph showing 10 supposedly Jewish survivors at a hospital after the tragedy. It includes the Moors, the Akses and the Quicks. I am hoping to identify the little girl to the left of Meier Moor and was wondering if anyone knew of any Jewish children on board that this girl might be.

Two Families and One Lifeboat

Thanks very much. :)

eli173

May 28, 2012
israel
ruth taussig was nine years old on the titanic. 1st class. she and her mother survived. her father went down with the ship. eva hart was 7 years old. 2nd class. virginia emanuel was 5. 3rd class. traveled with her nurse. all 3 girl were jewish. could she be one of them?
btw: who is the child on extreme right? and who is the mother and child between the moors and the akses?

Gianni Yrois

Aug 17, 2011
Munich
young girl in photo

hey eli,

sorry but the girl is not one of the three you said. The girl is probaly Mariya Katarin al Baqlini. A five year old girl from al Shwayr, Syria (today Lebanon). She travelled with her mother, Latifa and her two younger sisters. They all survived in collapsible lifeboat C. And after that they where helped by the New York Hebrew Shelter.
That why she is in a photo with other jewish survivors. The two women in the backround arent jewish too. The younger teen girl at the left is Bannura Ayyub and the older next to her is Shanina Jirjis Whabee (Shawneene Gerios Whabee). Also this two women where helped by the hebrew shelter but they where not jewish.

cordially
Gianni

eli173

May 28, 2012
israel
thanks for the info. now let us make sure i got this: from left to right: 3 non-jewish women, then mrs moor & son, then ???, then leah aks and son, and on the extreme right is ???
eli

Gianni Yrois

Aug 17, 2011
Munich
hello eli,

the women with the two girls at the right is : Mrs. Elizabeth Quick with her daughters, Winifred Vera Quick and Phyllis May Quick (the younger girl in her arms).
The Quicks travelled in second class and survived in lifeboat 11 .Mrs. Quick had problems to get in the boat because it was already full with people. Mr. Quick was already living in America. The little Phyllis Quick killed herself years later and Winifred was one of the last titanic survivor who where still alive.

i hope this helps
regards
Gianni

eli173

May 28, 2012
israel
hello eli,

the women with the two girls at the right is : Mrs. Elizabeth Quick with her daughters, Winifred Vera Quick and Phyllis May Quick (the younger girl in her arms).
The Quicks travelled in second class and survived in lifeboat 11 .Mrs. Quick had problems to get in the boat because it was already full with people. Mr. Quick was already living in America. The little Phyllis Quick killed herself years later and Winifred was one of the last titanic survivor who where still alive.

i hope this helps
regards
Gianni
thanks gianni.