2. ANTR

Documentary:

1. Secrets of the Titanic
2. Titanic: Death of a Dream & The Legend Lives On

Adam

J

Jemma Hyder

Adam,

I would have put money on you saying that lol!

James,

Mine would be ANTR.

happy.gif

Mar 28, 2002
Mine is ANTR too. I still wonder who Crossroads' Ronnie Allen and his missus are supposed to represent though - you know, the couple that were seen being hit by the falling funnel.

Cheers,

Boz

Adam McGuirk

May 19, 2002
Jemma, you said,"Adam,

I would have put money on you saying that lol!"

Yes, Jemma I bet you did. I had made my opinions known about the movie. The ship did it for me. I have been interested in the interior first class areas of the ship like the smoking room, grand staircase, etc. And then to see those like the would have looked in 1912 was awesome. Not to mention the engine room, outside parts of the ship ,whole sinking scene etc. I consider ANTR a documentery more than a movie. I've said it before and I'll sau it again, Cameron's movie was entertainment.
Adam

Tracy Smith

Apr 20, 2012
South Carolina USA
I love the musical score for Cameron's Titanic. I have the CD and play it often.

I don't have an absolute favorite among the movies; each had its good and bad points, but among the documentaries, it is the A & E doc, hands down. No question about it.

Jul 10, 2009
I have nothing better to do..so I'll rank the ones I've seen
1) A Night To Remember
2) Cameron's Titanic
3) S. O. S. Titanic (unedited version)
4) 1953 Film
5) Atlantic
6) Miniseries
7) ANTR on tv
8) Propoganda Film
9) The Danielle Steel One (Definitely turned that one off the second the Titanic went under!)

1) Death of a Dream (THE UNDISPUTED KING OF ALL TITANIC DOCUMENTARIES!)

J

Jemma Hyder

Tracey,

agreed about the score. I wore out CD one and had to replace it lol! Have to say I think it has been outdone by the Gladiator soundtrack since though..

happy.gif

Beth Barber

Jun 7, 2001
So far - my favorite movie about Titanic is James Camerons Titanic (1997). All these years that I have been intereted in Titanic - I have never seen A Night To Remember. I have read the book though. I think I will have to rent it soon!

I agree with A&E's Titanic: Death of a Dream is the best documentary I have seen, so far.

- Beth
happy.gif

James Doyle

Jul 30, 2002
Movies:
1. 1997 Titanic
2. ANTR
3. 1953 Titanic
4. Mini-Series (still entertaining although grosly inacurate)

Documentaries:
1. Nothing can beat the 4 part A&E documentary

Apr 22, 2012
Hmmm, let me see here...

01. "Titanic" by James Cameron
02. "A Night to Remember"

01. "Death of a Dream" on A & E
02. "Titanica" by Imax

T

Trent Pheifer

Movies

1. ANTR- for story
2. Titanic (1997)- for visual qualities

Documentarys

NOTHING can beat "Death of a Dream" on A & E

I also liked "Beyond Titanic" because it was a different type of documentary. My least favorite are a few from the History channel for gross inaccuracy lol.

-Trent

Adam McGuirk

May 19, 2002
Cameron's, not because Jack and Rose, but because certain scenes that had the emotional level that no movie can hit.
Adam

Nigel Bryant

Aug 1, 2010
Wellington, New Zealand
Hi,

Cameron's Titanic because of his beautiful depiction of the ship as he portrayed it. With the interiors and exteriors, beautiful. The great thing is that once people saw his movie and saw the ship, thats how alot of people will today remember the Titanic. And I am glad that it is an accurate representation (ie. the ship), because that is a lasting impression most of the world will have on the luxury and horrific demise of the R.M.S Titanic. That's what most people will think about Titanic, the way Cameron potrayed the ship. And boy, did he give a great impression on how beautiful the ship was in her day, now I don't hear any more crapy comments about: " Why do you study, an old crappy disgusting ship!" Cameron gave a great impression, and thats how most people see the ship now, the way Cameron depicted it. And what a great depiction it was. That's why I rank this film number one for me.

All the best,

Nigel